Patio Door reveals

Thank you to all members who answered my post with positive advice.
I have been out of the country for a long time and had to follow a different career path abroad.Now I'm back in the UK I wanted to get back to doing what I enjoyed doing the most as a job from when I left school,albeit many years ago and having completed & passing a C&G Apprenticeship back then too.
So this job was my first to quote for and although I had a good idea what I wanted to achieve I felt that asking for advice on this brilliant forum would help me on my way towards getting back on the trowel especially as so many things have changed over the years.
Hi Vis jackets everywhere,no Siarapite B or Carlite finish,plastic trowels and speedskims!!
Multi finish,is that what everyone uses for skimming these days?
Thankfully my MT trowels are still in good condition along with other tools I had stored so just need to invest in other tools that have been introduced during my absence.
Any pieces of kit that are essential to have and related to plastering ? ;)
I know if the grey matter is slow I can rely on help here and I know that you probably do get people on here that have just done a course plastering and ask on here but I'm not one of them.
Thanks for now all,
Put some pictures up of the finished job and some of the peeps on here will give there opinion and some constructive criticism or even some praise

Put some pictures up of the finished job and some of the peeps on here will give there opinion and some constructive criticism or even some praise
Will do.
The customer has relatives coming to stay for a couple of weeks so I am aiming to fit them in mid Jan'19.

I'm sorry call my cynical but why would you not know how to do this job if you was an apprentice in the 80s!

Bloody good music to work to tho

This is the first tune I can date from memory. It was playing away in Glorious '82. The first memory that I can date
is getting back to Liverpool to hear the Liverpool Echo man shouting about Victory in the Falklands....then this seemed to play all summer long.

This is the first tune I can date from memory. It was playing away in Glorious '82. The first memory that I can date
is getting back to Liverpool to hear the Liverpool Echo man shouting about Victory in the Falklands....then this seemed to play all summer long.

We always have 80.s on at work .sometime go modern and stick 90.s on

You seem too articulate to be back on the tools.
Put them away a do something anything else.
Depending on your skill set . That's a very straightforward job.
But then again ive met a few plasterers who couldnt cut a piece of wood . So would struggle with the chippy part

Last edited:
Everyone has to make a living.but I am sick of clowns (sorry circus theme again) go and learn how to do the job,and learn on next to no money like I had to do.or learn on great money.But learn the basics before unleashing yourself on the paying public.no hard feelings and good luck.