Patio Door reveals

Oldspread18

Hi,
Just got back from looking at a job and taken some pics.
The couple have had new patio doors fitted but the company didn't finish the internal work because they were asked not to as the couple wanted a plasterer to finish it.
Looks straight forward,the plaster has blown a good 10" each side and some above the block work,so hack that off,angle bead the reveals but they have expanding foam coming out of the cavity because it was insulated with polystyrene beads and would empty the cavity out if the door contractors hadn't filled them in and I'm not sure what I can do with the head(catnic lintel)!
They also fitted a length of wood and foam under the lintel to fill gap between top of door frame and it!
I'm struggling with this any help or advice as to what my plan of action would be,what thistle plaster best for job,etc?
20181217_175518.jpg
20181217_175529.jpg
20181217_175533.jpg
20181217_175540.jpg
20181217_175548.jpg
20181217_175558.jpg

Dab the left and right reveals, bring the top reveal down by creating a frame out of timber, float the front and then skim the whole wall.

Sorry but that job is as simple to sort out as it gets in this game!

If you don't know how to sort that you have no right charging the customer.

Be honest have you just finished a course and they told you if you get stuck ask the mugs on TPF to advise you???

Be honest have you just finished a course and they told you if you get stuck ask the mugs on TPF to advise you???
Having just reread the op I think you're spot on.

Lesson one....don't ask questions ....lesson 2 don't post pics....lesson 3 don't ask questions:LOL: but yeah dab reveals screw wood to the wood on the header to match , float, board, skim as appropriate....and obviously cut the foam back first

Super pourus red clay brick, bridging cavity with foam. You’ve took on a headache. Bet the upvc lads have been paid in full, yet you’ll get the call back back when damp spots appear.

Lesson one....don't ask questions ....lesson 2 don't post pics....lesson 3 don't ask questions:LOL: but yeah dab reveals screw wood to the wood on the header to match , float, board, skim as appropriate....and obviously cut the foam back first

But come on honestly can you honestly imagine ever having to ask that question even on week 1???

Hi,
Just got back from looking at a job and taken some pics.
The couple have had new patio doors fitted but the company didn't finish the internal work because they were asked not to as the couple wanted a plasterer to finish it.
Looks straight forward,the plaster has blown a good 10" each side and some above the block work,so hack that off,angle bead the reveals but they have expanding foam coming out of the cavity because it was insulated with polystyrene beads and would empty the cavity out if the door contractors hadn't filled them in and I'm not sure what I can do with the head(catnic lintel)!
They also fitted a length of wood and foam under the lintel to fill gap between top of door frame and it!
I'm struggling with this any help or advice as to what my plan of action would be,what thistle plaster best for job,etc?
View attachment 30061View attachment 30062View attachment 30063View attachment 30064View attachment 30065View attachment 30066
This is what i f**k**g hate some t**t hack the wall to bits a f**k**g dum c**t plasterer has to sort it for 50 pound's

Expanding foam is the answer to everything

Everything except closing a cavity on the walk through between a conservatory and kitchen. There the patio door used to be.

For some reason, old boss who's supposed to be an experienced builder, tried to fill it with foam and when that didn't work, tried to trowel it in.....silly cut wouldn't give up and ended up with a trowel that looked like a bit of candy floss, and action man hand that didn't work properly any more and a bald head cos you're not combing expanding foam out any time soon.

1545081346827.png

I agree with that and cant even see f**k**g pictures properly ha

Thank you to all members who answered my post with positive advice.
I have been out of the country for a long time and had to follow a different career path abroad.Now I'm back in the UK I wanted to get back to doing what I enjoyed doing the most as a job from when I left school,albeit many years ago and having completed & passing a C&G Apprenticeship back then too.
So this job was my first to quote for and although I had a good idea what I wanted to achieve I felt that asking for advice on this brilliant forum would help me on my way towards getting back on the trowel especially as so many things have changed over the years.
Hi Vis jackets everywhere,no Siarapite B or Carlite finish,plastic trowels and speedskims!!
Multi finish,is that what everyone uses for skimming these days?
Thankfully my MT trowels are still in good condition along with other tools I had stored so just need to invest in other tools that have been introduced during my absence.
Any pieces of kit that are essential to have and related to plastering ? ;)
I know if the grey matter is slow I can rely on help here and I know that you probably do get people on here that have just done a course plastering and ask on here but I'm not one of them.
Thanks for now all,