Patchy parex needs painting?

Chuckles

Hi,

I'm just looking for some advice regarding some rendering I've had done on my house. The rendering system is parex and the guy used a spraying machine.

However, the finished render is really patchy and he is going to finish the job by painting over the patchy bits. I'd like to know if this is fairly normal, or is it a bit of a bodged job? I thought the whole point of the parex rendering system was that it didn't need painting.

Any advice would be really helpful.

Hi,

I'm just looking for some advice regarding some rendering I've had done on my house. The rendering system is parex and the guy used a spraying machine.

However, the finished render is really patchy and he is going to finish the job by painting over the patchy bits. I'd like to know if this is fairly normal, or is it a bit of a bodged job? I thought the whole point of the parex rendering system was that it didn't need painting.

Any advice would be really helpful.
Are you one of the brothers...? And are you hi jacking my nickname....Plus pics would help...

20180801_183928.jpg

Here's a pic. The last bits were done 40+ days ago

If the area's are smooth then they are what is called misses.

The only company I know that can fix this is a company called Rendit in Doncaster. They will texture up the misses and then use a colour wash.

That bit of painting they have done might make it harder.

and you think that's nice to look at?

No, I don't think that's nice to look at. That's the problem. That's the job as it currently stands and he's saying that some paint, that he's ordered from parex, will fix it. No painting has been done yet, Rigsby.

I've kinda lost faith in his ability and wanted to get a bit more clued up about it before I talk to him.

If the area's are smooth then they are what is called misses.

The only company I know that can fix this is a company called Rendit in Doncaster. They will texture up the misses and then use a colour wash.

That bit of painting they have done might make it harder.
Jon looks like ghosts to me

That's worse than misses. Rend it might be able to fix it. Otherwise it's a right off.

I have blown it up they are big misses. If you look you can even see a serrated edge mark.

The Parex paint is good but will only get an even colour. These smooth bits will make that shade different.

Rend it might be able to re-texture then colour. Send this photo to them (Richard) and will confirm if it's fixable. They are good but not cheap. Bailed me out this year on a job that one of my lads rushed.

They’re defo misses, can see the serrated edge lines in one of them to the right. Looks like he’s brushed a pissy mix over them to try and hide it but it’s backfired. Something has been painted on for sure. Have they done the whole house or just this elevation?

I have blown it up they are big misses. If you look you can even see a serrated edge mark.

The Parex paint is good but will only get an even colour. These smooth bits will make that shade different.

Rend it might be able to re-texture then colour. Send this photo to them (Richard) and will confirm if it's fixable. They are good but not cheap. Bailed me out this year on a job that one of my lads rushed.
You think their misses Jon ? They have a scratch in them? I would say it's rubbed thin in areas causing it to be lighter

They’re defo misses, can see the serrated edge lines in one of them to the right. Looks like he’s brushed a pissy mix over them to try and hide it but it’s backfired. Something has been painted on for sure. Have they done the whole house or just this elevation?
Not misses mate

No, I don't think that's nice to look at. That's the problem. That's the job as it currently stands and he's saying that some paint, that he's ordered from parex, will fix it. No painting has been done yet, Rigsby.

I've kinda lost faith in his ability and wanted to get a bit more clued up about it before I talk to him.

s**t man.. I feel for you. Cowboy's done a runner after his botch job. hope you get it sorted somehow!

Thanks for the replies, guys. There seems to be some debate about whether they're misses out ghosts. Ghosts are more serious, but both are a botched job?

I can find quite a lot of info on ghosts, but finding it harder to find anything on misses. Would somebody mind enlightening me?

Thanks again.

Misses are hollows that the scratch pad has missed. So smooth render.

Small misses you can touch up with a bit of technique but these are big misses.

I would forward your pics onto Rendit in Doncaster Richard can advise. They know how to re-texture and then colour it in.

I'll send picks to Richard at Rendit and see what he advises. However, I've already paid 80% of the job and that's most of my money gone. What would your advice be for resolving things with the man who's done the work?

You folks already been really helpful and I don't want to push it, but (ah! there's always a but) there's other stuff I could do with some advice about that I've put in this album. If you can spare the time, any advice suggestions would be appreciated (Dunno if I should start a new thread for this or not!):
View album 44

Why’ve you give him 80%? I don’t take any money till they’ve had a good look round and happy with it. I’m not encouraging folk to not pay but these clowns are taking money off proper tradesman. All round bad job, how did you come across them?

Why’ve you give him 80%? I don’t take any money till they’ve had a good look round and happy with it. I’m not encouraging folk to not pay but these clowns are taking money off proper tradesman. All round bad job, how did you come across them?

They were recommended by a neighbour. I had a look at the job he'd done at my neighbours and it was good - nothing like this. I gave him 40% at start, 40% halfway through then supposed to give him 20% at end and when happy. Didn't seem unreasonable at the time...

Thanks for the replies, guys. There seems to be some debate about whether they're misses out ghosts. Ghosts are more serious, but both are a botched job?

I can find quite a lot of info on ghosts, but finding it harder to find anything on misses. Would somebody mind enlightening me?

Thanks again.
Hi mate for me a miss is a un scratched area with totally different texture !
Your recent update photos show them pic 2 ,
The issue I see on your original photo is rubbing back to first coat and over rubbing