Patching in then complete skim

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrispyUK

Hi all, got a small wall to skim tomorrow for a friend after plaster started to come off when she started painting. The thing is, it's just skimmed PB, and was done in the last few years. The Board has been put on the wrong way round so I think this is why it's come off. Approx 1/3 wall rock solid, so wondered best way of sorting?
Was thinking of good lashing of pva, 1st coat to build up to existing, then 2nd coat of the whole lot. Does this sound about right? Best to scrim old/new join first?

Hi all, got a small wall to skim tomorrow for a friend after plaster started to come off when she started painting. The thing is, it's just skimmed PB, and was done in the last few years. The Board has been put on the wrong way round so I think this is why it's come off. Approx 1/3 wall rock solid, so wondered best way of sorting?
Was thinking of good lashing of pva, 1st coat to build up to existing, then 2nd coat of the whole lot. Does this sound about right? Best to scrim old/new join first?
You got any picture s of it?

Cheers for reply...unfortunately not. I mentioned it would prob be best to get the rest off...but apparently it's really stuck. It's just left a bit of a ragged 'join'. I'm a bit of an improver when it comes to plastering so I've no probs skimming, just don't do much rectification type stuff if you get me drift :)

Get one of the small bags of bonding from B&Q and throw a few hand fills in or the lot depending on thickness/ amount etc rule it level then 2-4 hours later skim and feather in or ski the whole wall. Use scrim on any cracks.

Get one of the small bags of bonding from B&Q and throw a few hand fills in or the lot depending on thickness/ amount etc rule it level then 2-4 hours later skim and feather in or ski the whole wall. Use scrim on any cracks.

bob on the money that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.