Patcher needed. Gang details required

Members online

J wilson

Hi there I’m looking for an experienced patcher to work 2-3 days per week on sites around Birmingham. Day rate message for rate.
Also looking to get details of gangs in the Birmingham area for upcoming projects. I am a plasterer by trade so I know the rates plasterers are happy to work for hence why I have gone main contractor. I am paying more than most contractors out there and we are acquiring sites at a decent rate so I’m looking for Birmingham based gangs to send me details for upcoming projects. The nature of work is all new build housing so only looking for experienced price guys.
Message me for rates.
Thanks for reading
J Wilson

£2.50 Tac £3 dab £3.50 skim
£2.50 Tac £3 dab £3.50 skim
40299B6E-2E23-4602-BCE4-847B2A3F0B96.jpeg
40299B6E-2E23-4602-BCE4-847B2A3F0B96.jpeg

do you have to scrim and bead for that price?
i think i prefer quality of working life than grafting like a dog, i wouldnt go back to it.

do you have to scrim and bead for that price?
i think i prefer quality of working life than grafting like a dog, i wouldnt go back to it.
I don’t work for that price,but if u can’t make £3.50 skimming pay then maybe plastering ain’t for u pal that’s a easy 60 m done by 1,210 a day easy money

• Agree
Reactions: Djr
”NEWSLASH”..part time patchers needed must be familiar with the use of a belt sander will be sanding down walls on new builds prior to painting apply within..Regards Harry “one coat”

”NEWSLASH”..part time patchers needed must be familiar with the use of a belt sander will be sanding down walls on new builds prior to painting apply within..Regards Harry “one coat”
Experienced patchers ??
What the f**k is going on in the world we live in??
Got to be a wind up I need to PM this fella to ask him a few questions about his recent post??

There's so many bullshiters on here it's embarrassing!!!

£3.50 is a very good price for site skimming!

I was supposed to skim small ceiling this morning for £150....
3 hours for my neighbour.
Choose to go to pub instead.
My brother rang to complain about his shiit day onsite.
I said there's a ceiling there if you want it
Told me to go fuuck myself wouldn't touch it for £500 lol

Anyone who knows site work for housing developments will know the rates are at the higher end of labour rates. Most companies pay 10% less than those rates. Also for the guys who don’t understand what being an experienced patcher entails a quick brief.
When the sparky plumbers chippys come in cut holes in walls and any other trade knocks into the freshly skimmed walls then you need an experienced patcher. Bashing the term is disrespectful as most guys doing this on site are time served plasterers who cannot earn money on price anymore due to age and the general wear and tear of years of EXPERIENCE on the trowel. So patching gives them the money they deserve to see out there last few years in the game. People shouldn’t be so quick to be disrespectful. They have more experience than most of us.

I was supposed to skim small ceiling this morning for £150....
3 hours for my neighbour.
Choose to go to pub instead.
My brother rang to complain about his shiit day onsite.
I said there's a ceiling there if you want it
Told me to go fuuck myself wouldn't touch it for £500 lol
@zombie we need to move area.s

Anyone who knows site work for housing developments will know the rates are at the higher end of labour rates. Most companies pay 10% less than those rates. Also for the guys who don’t understand what being an experienced patcher entails a quick brief.
When the sparky plumbers chippys come in cut holes in walls and any other trade knocks into the freshly skimmed walls then you need an experienced patcher. Bashing the term is disrespectful as most guys doing this on site are time served plasterers who cannot earn money on price anymore due to age and the general wear and tear of years of EXPERIENCE on the trowel. So patching gives them the money they deserve to see out there last few years in the game. People shouldn’t be so quick to be disrespectful. They have more experience than most of us.

Well put. Although first fix should all be done before plastering

i am sure you mean well but that sounds patronising.
you make it sound like a charity for washed up old spreads.

Last edited:
No that’s how you interpreted it. You don’t get 25 year old patchers that’s just facts. It’s not patronising offering work to people what’s patronising is that people jump all over a thread. If there not interested that’s fine it’s not a debate on word terms it was an offer of work. And all those who know the site game know exactly what I mean.

No that’s how you interpreted it. You don’t get 25 year old patchers that’s just facts. It’s not patronising offering work to people what’s patronising is that people jump all over a thread. If there not interested that’s fine it’s not a debate on word terms it was an offer of work. And all those who know the site game know exactly what I mean.
Fair comment.
So you won't be embarrassed to put up how much your paying day rate for patching?

Well said