Parking van on driveway

Members online

Donzo

Moved into a new home 12 days ago.
Guy next door has been on holiday.
Today he appears like a raging bull and says that van of yours cant stay parked on my driveway.
Commercial vehicles are not allowed in this estate in driveways on permanent basis.
14 plate vivaro.

Solicitors never mentioned this at purchase.looked online about this.

Anyone had this problem before anywhere.

If this is enforced im f***"""

Today he appears like a raging bull and says that van of yours cant stay parked on my driveway.
Commercial vehicles are not allowed in this estate in driveways on permanent basis.
14 plate vivaro.

Have you got sign writing on the van?
My mate had the same problem so he put a tinted window on the sliding door so it's not classed as commercial van now

Tell him to go and waste his hard earned on a solicitor if he's that bothered

there are a lot of estates round our way like that.... even my parents estate was like that...

Growling at the people that complained at my parents was the way forward :D

In your case you will need to speak to your solicitor as it is probably in the deeds

14 plate vivaro.

Tell him to f**k off thats b*ll***s

I was going to say to him f*** off but know this guy has made his bed.
Van is sign written.sent email to solicitor.
I know the house builder is the only one that can enforce it.
House built in 1990.
I got a few windows fitted over weekend and he has seen a few vans and thought are they all mine but the t**t ,went about it in the wrong way. I need to renovate most of the house.was mixing a bucket of plaster in garage and he also said you cant use this as business premises.
Ffs.

I`d see the point if it was a huge Luton or a 7.5 tonner but the guy is just being a dick

Check your deeds cos it might be a max. wheelbase allowed or max height?

Or park on the street if the specific wording is "driveway" lol

I`d see the point if it was a huge Luton or a 7.5 tonner but the guy is just being a dick

Check your deeds cos it might be a max. wheelbase allowed or max height?

Or park on the street if the specific wording is "driveway" lol
Yes will look into that,,,if the road outside my driveway is council i don't think it can be enforced and could park it there.
Slam it right into him.
All they are r snobs.
We work our b*ll***s of hard graft,these
People only want us to work in their house and get 2.
Probably a solicitor or accountant.
Lol

If he's got a dog tell him you will f**k it if he carries on....you'll see what he's made of then:)

Oh dear not a good start to your new move is there no other vans parked nearby? It should of been pointed out in my opinion I would also look into if the previous owners had an issue With him coz you should of been made aware of any disputes before you bought the place, chances are he was a c**t to the previous owners, I honestly would of told him to get to f**k and set my stall out early :)

I would paint the number of your house with gloss on the front of your house but get the second number wrong, cross it out and put the right number next to it :) that should cheer him up oh and bang a trampoline in the front garden with a few mattresses :)

Get a nice deck chair on the front garden and sit drinking beer on it

If that's what the lease says then don't park it on the driveway. Park it on the road instead. Right outside his house. I doubt the lease can stop you doing that if it's a public highway and you've paid your road tax.

Tell him you'll break his f**k**g legs if he steps foot on your property again. Make sure your nose is touching his nose when you tell him.

Yes,,,i am not putting up with this .
I do have a few nice ideas if this pans out bad.
Not much history of enforcement on internet.
I do agree solicitor should have highlighted this if title deeds were read.
We never seen any deeds to look at before
Purchase.only a guy being fined £100 a few years ago.

Does he have a doorstep?
nfh-dog-poop-186cs062310-1277307984.jpg
:)

Your neighbour sounds like an absolute c**t!!
I had this when I was renting an apartment years ago after a split with the ex. I wasn't told by the letting company! Started getting complaints from other residents then letters started coming through the door from the management company that commercial vehicles can't park in the parking area. I just ignored it as I was only planning on being there 6 months. They kept sending letters and knocked on the door once. They never actually enforced anything. Think they were hoping I'd just cooperate.

14 plate vivaro.

You can park on your own drive as long it's not a caravan or mobile home or lorry tell him to do one

All these little things can be sorted out without a pissing contest. Engage with the man, find out why he is instantly hostile, calm him........all the while slapping the thick bit of a baseball bat into the opposite open palm.......remember, speak softly but carry a big stick....lol..good luck

Or.....tell him he can take this argument with the head man in your relocated traveller clan.......that might work...lol

If he's got a dog tell him you will f**k it if he carries on....you'll see what he's made of then:)
Now I know what you meant when you told me you was 'an animal lover' . Cohersing innocent neighbourhoods into sub-human beastality groups. Tut tut.

Now I know what you meant when you told me you was 'an animal lover' . Cohersing innocent neighbourhoods into sub-human beastality groups. Tut tut.
Lol, I was maybe a bit touchy that day...tough day at the office and all that(y)

Yes will look into that,,,if the road outside my driveway is council i don't think it can be enforced and could park it there.
Slam it right into him.
All they are r snobs.
We work our b*ll***s of hard graft,these
People only want us to work in their house and get 2.
Probably a solicitor or accountant.
Lol
Mate I ain't the brightest of sparks but this is my Pierre de resinous of subject's.. Firstly in some deeds as said (especially on new build 1990-2000) there where covenants written to say no caravans on plots,this was because land size plots allocated where getting smaller. In terms of a signed van be it your own or company no one can enforce you not parking it on your own driveway.. On the road might be different story tbh but if possible and bearing in mind you probably told insurance it's kept on driveway I would do that.. Alot of people like your neighbour do get jealous imo when you move in have a bit of work done (I.e the other trades ) and they get defensive of how it use to be before you moved in. I wouldn't even bother wasting time and energy seeking solicitor advice but would also still try to stay nice to the neighbours bearing in mind you gonna live there ,this will blow over and live happily ever after.. Still if you want to check it out for yourself where you stand a very interesting website for law and boundary disputes etc is

www.gardenlaw.co.uk

Enjoy,peace,one love