Parex Monorex fail

Yep lack of adhesion on that from looking, not been sealed on completion resulting in dirt sitting on the surface. I'd knock it off back to substrate and re do. There lies the issue of going over existing renders other than a thin cost t I wouldn't do it, too much weight. Depending on the thickness of the original you could have 40mm thickness on there, that's some pull on the substrate. Hand applied, machine applied, how mixed etc wouldn't make any odds for me.
Was speaking to k rend today and they told me that if I seal the ft on the job I'm on just now I will lose all warranty. He then told me its self cleaning, nearly dropped my phone laughing.

Warranties aren't worth shite the same as the damp companies, if they are not on the job mixing it for you they will always have this get out its common knowledge. If all else fails this is the final get out clause but to say they don't know is not sharing the blame which is what it's about. If they are not prepared to sort it they have to blame you so the mix gets it all the time.

Being near the coast is not a good thing. Like side I think it needs to be 20mm.

Something is not right here. After 4 years it looks filthy. But when it was done was it a windy day?

I did a job with Weber in November on a cool but very windy day. That wall had micro cracking all over but the other 3 walls was fine. I think also micro on paint did not help.

Was speaking to k rend today and they told me that if I seal the ft on the job I'm on just now I will lose all warranty. He then told me its self cleaning, nearly dropped my phone laughing.
Funny but when I built the extension on my house i rendered the gable end before the scaffold came down with K rend. I then wanted to fit new doors and windows before I rendered front and rear walls. When it came to finishing the rendering Encon had stopped supplying Krend and I couldn't get hold of it anywhere so I matched the colour with Parex. 5 years later the K rend is immaculate and the parex looks awful. My house is 50 yards from the house in the original post and catches the weather as well. May have to go back to using K rend.

Being near the coast is not a good thing. Like side I think it needs to be 20mm.

Something is not right here. After 4 years it looks filthy. But when it was done was it a windy day?

I did a job with Weber in November on a cool but very windy day. That wall had micro cracking all over but the other 3 walls was fine. I think also micro on paint did not help.
Nearly always windy there. At the time Micro was about the only thing available and definitely said in the spec that it could go on sound paintwork. I may have to dig out the old spec sheets. It was micro 2000. I think it has changed to 3000 now.

Rendit have a sealer for it apparently, they were telling me about it the other day funnily enough. It's a new one they've put together.

He did say, can't remember. £130 quidish for 25l I think and they do a 5l one as well.

Last edited: