Paramount holes

treasurehyland

Evening to the plastering community, can anyone offer an opinion,
Has any one got method on repairing holes in paramount walls, spark left lots with joined wires exposed where sockets have moved from, was thinking cut out cardboard an inch beyond hole and screw timber batten fix new board piece.n patch skim.
Throwing wet bonding at jointed wires seems wrong somehow.
Ta

Sounds like you didn't need to answer the question.

Welcome though

Btw just so you know we are only allowed to offer opinions on here if @flynnyman agrees with them so beware

Evening to the plastering community, can anyone offer an opinion,
Has any one got method on repairing holes in paramount walls, spark left lots with joined wires exposed where sockets have moved from, was thinking cut out cardboard an inch beyond hole and screw timber batten fix new board piece.n patch skim.
Throwing wet bonding at jointed wires seems wrong somehow.
Ta
Are the cables live?

It's a new member with genuine question u could of carried on your disagreement with Flynnyman on the other thread not drag it into his

No he/she has been a member since 2011, besides it was relevant as he asked if we could give an opinion which as you know is subject to approval so I was just making clear the rules of the forum

When you say joined wires exposed what exactly do you mean ? They must surely be in a box or at minimum be taped up ?

Yes, they are taped up, sounds like an quicker Plan, it's quite a posh house so will have to use what's around, probably the mail on Sunday.. (In fact, I'd be doing the country a favour burying it)
Strange things them paramount walls, nothing has trunking but wiring is pretty rigid against card crate etc.
I do read through some of the tiring but amusing ' banter ' so enjoy the forum.
Enjoy the weekend boys and girls

If there dead bury them with anything if not legally should have blank plug plate on .. Electricians responsibility but is then yours as soon as you bury if they are live even with tape..the likelihood of anyone drilling into them in future are very low but I don't do anymore,it's 2016 not 1980s ... Best of luck though.

Cant you put one of them choc boxes around the cables then theyre protected when you putting gear over them