Paper peeling of new board

jeanclaudevangyproc

Hey lads not been on for a while as been So busy hope you all ok Had a new pallet of 8x4 board delivered yesterday on job and gone to use them today and noticed the paper had lifted a little on 1200 edge so I pulled it and half the board in paper came away easily no effort so tried it with 4 more and the same back and front paper ! The inside feels crumbly as hell also they are knauf boards have any of you come across this before?

I’ve been using the new knauf boards got through three pallets on this job and skimmed them tbh they were great
Tape jointed some too and the were nice with sanding
Have you got a picture of the boards

Yes I've noticed it aswell there dry as a nuns fanny. Those siniat boards are shite also

We've used Siniat boards on our last job and they've been bloody useless. Paper peeling easily. Unbelievably weak core, try to chamfer an edge and it just crumbles.
Crikey, something that BG do better!

• Agree
Reactions: Djr
I’ve been using the new knauf boards got through three pallets on this job and skimmed them tbh they were great
Tape jointed some too and the were nice with sanding
Have you got a picture of the boards

Ile get a pic tomoz Vincey n put it on here I’m hoping they will take them bk as I won’t be using them on a 600k barn conversion

Ffs.....as if the job isn’t hard enough........the material fails before you can get it off the pallet.
Pfft.......
Was chatting to a few different trades yesterday and it’s not just plastering materials mate , here was me moaning etc as I do the guy doing floors said it’s same with what he’s using over the last few years got steadily worse I was amazed tbh to hear how much he has to keep checking certain places he get materials from he sounded just like me , even joiner said he’s same and bricky said same ,
For Jeanclaudegyproc though i recon knauf and siniat are now having to hit recycling targets so that probably the change apparently the ones I had were from Germany as there was a shortage from knauf that’s what merchants said anyway ,

Was chatting to a few different trades yesterday and it’s not just plastering materials mate , here was me moaning etc as I do the guy doing floors said it’s same with what he’s using over the last few years got steadily worse I was amazed tbh to hear how much he has to keep checking certain places he get materials from he sounded just like me , even joiner said he’s same and bricky said same ,
For Jeanclaudegyproc though i recon knauf and siniat are now having to hit recycling targets so that probably the change apparently the ones I had were from Germany as there was a shortage from knauf that’s what merchants said anyway ,
A bricklayer that even thought about what materials he's using?
:risas2::risas2::risas2::risas2::risas2::risas2::risas2::risas2::risas2::risas2:
Ah that's bloody funny as hell Pete, but clearly a made up story.

A bricklayer that even thought about what materials he's using?
:risas2::risas2::risas2::risas2::risas2::risas2::risas2::risas2::risas2::risas2:
Ah that's bloody funny as hell Pete, but clearly a made up story.
I’ll let this go tonight and won’t bite mate

It’s obvious you had a bad day with that bag of skim

Hey lads not been on for a while as been So busy hope you all ok Had a new pallet of 8x4 board delivered yesterday on job and gone to use them today and noticed the paper had lifted a little on 1200 edge so I pulled it and half the board in paper came away easily no effort so tried it with 4 more and the same back and front paper ! The inside feels crumbly as hell also they are knauf boards have any of you come across this before?
Yes bin the basterd and go home

Or half bag

46DA250F-521C-4CA3-A3DA-1018BA501151.gif

nice to see you back :D glad you are busy :D

nice to see you back :D glad you are busy :D
Cheers Danny knauf are coming to collect them Monday and replace them crap though wasted day today sorting out

Attachments

• 4BDD49BB-DAD3-49B7-BEF9-4B3883334978.jpeg
    4BDD49BB-DAD3-49B7-BEF9-4B3883334978.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 165
  • C9A6CB91-D5DA-4577-84F3-D591B3893356.jpeg
    C9A6CB91-D5DA-4577-84F3-D591B3893356.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 164
  • 6432B761-E6A9-4071-AB59-294BB4328F8C.jpeg
    6432B761-E6A9-4071-AB59-294BB4328F8C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 156