Painted brickwork help

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdn115

Afternoon all.
Got to do a monorex pf job.
Was going to use rendagrip.
But was also told about parex parinther.
Can anyone help me out with some advice.
Thanks.

How much is it and what metrage do you get out of a bag or tub or whatever it comes in?

Cheers for the info.
Much appreciated.
I'd be lost without this forum.
Did you do any of the 7 parex specifications for wall suitability?
Thanks for your time.

Last job I did was 120m2 with mesh followed by a silicone finish.i would defo use mesh.and give the wall a good clean first.keep the parinter no thicker than 5mm.

Yes mate there is a element of worry involved.that parinter is a top product.not sure I would mono/s&c over though with the weight.the mesh is vital.

The Power prep would be your best option mate.Used Parinter a few times over paint with no dramas but weve only ever used 10mm beads in this situation because of the weight issues.

Nice one Ay.
That's what I was thinking.
Eliminates the doubt.
Once I've done that, I don't have to piss about with any other primers do I mate?
I spoke to the parex rep after you advised it.
I thought I was going to order monorex gf fine.
Then he started going on about mono blanco and blanc dulittoral.
Wtf.
I'm a humble English man not Laurent Blanc.
What was he on about! ?

Dont worry, some of the reps couldnt find there arse with both hands mate. Blanc du littoral is just a Brilliant white colour. Monorex GF is just the finer version and yes its a French product.
Ideally, if you can clean the paint off, you could prime the surface with Parex Microgobetis as this will kill suction . Its a paint on product and dries within a couple of hours( this time of year anyways)

Cheers Andy.
Does that primer penetrate in to the bricks.
Or does it leave a skin on the surface.
Because we'd be at square one again if it left a skin wouldn't we?
Thanks for your help.

@kdn115 I do like the way you set out each post.
Each one.
Looks like.
A poem.

As has been said already, you need to be confident that the paint is well adhered to the brickwork, weakest link in a chain and all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I does like a nice poem Essex Andy. Lol
Cheers AndyM.I'll give it a go.Bet I get my pants pulled down on the cost of it though.
Trying not to make this look like a poem.

That's not to bad then.
Do you know much about the pft lotus xs?
Was wondering if you think they're any good.
I know they'll only knock the stuff up.
But they're alot cheaper than a ritmo l.
And thought that might be a good stepping stone to machine work.

F*@k me!!!!
you'll of lost the job by the time you finish discussing molecule compound structure and xs this and lotus that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JEEEEEESUS :RpS_confused:

I lose my reputation and a whole lot of money if 50m2 worth of mono doesnt take to the wall properly and falls off.
Also have you done much mono by hand?
Its ******* stuff.
Hence the lotus xs.
Thanks for the constructive comments though bud.

@kdn115 the Monorex GF is lovely gear to use as is the Blanc du littoral, which is the same grain size as the GF.
The Microgobetis 3000 can/should be watered down on just about any substrate other than smooth concrete so is very cost effective. We pay £38 a bucket at Penlaws.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shite.
Power prep disc's are £10+vat a pop.
And apparently they're only good for about 1 m2.
That would cost me about £480 just on disc's.
Hopefully a wash down of the painted brickwork and a coat of the micro gobetis 3000 will do.

Holy shite.
Power prep disc's are £10+vat a pop.
And apparently they're only good for about 1 m2.
That would cost me about £480 just on disc's.
Hopefully a wash down of the painted brickwork and a coat of the micro gobetis 3000 will do.

Micro isn't for rendering over paint, that's what Parinter is for.

parinter is great stuff, it goes straight over the paint and 'anchors' into it. it costs more than other base products but is cheaper in a way because it doesn't need to be mechanically pinned. I think the official guide lines is 15mm onto the substrate so a tight coat of parinter with 10mm of monorex. saying that I was a demonstrator at parex for a while, and I use to put 30mm of monorex to test it on paint at there training centre and even at that thickness it was hard for it to delaminate and knock off.

Sorry to be a pain. You'll have to forgive me never done these systems.
So parinther over the cleaned painted brickwork. Then paint the parinther with the micro 3000 to control the suction?
I can find the coverage etc just wondered what to expect to pay for a bag of the parinther.
Thankyou especially the Andies. :)

if you've never used the system before, get someone in who has, stick your 10% on top , learn from them and be fully confident of tackling a similar job in the future.

Parinter is a bagged product so has to be trowelled on.Apply it over paint and scratch it ready for monorex. No Micro needed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.