Pain in the neck

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas

It seems lately that every job i get has really annoying surfaces to plaster.
If its not silk paint, its badly put on gyproc which bounces all over the place and with gaps you could climb through. ;D
Last week i had a few rooms to do in a house, and the walls had old wallpaper paste on them. You dont notice it till you have glued up the walls, then realise that its went all gooey and takes an age to go tacky.
Today i was to do a simple loft room. All gypy, a few beads, no problem. Some of the walls had a matt paint on them, which was fine.
After glueing them i realised they were still soaking wet after a smoke and a cuppa. Then it started bubbling. :mad:
The paint was like rubber coming off the gypy. :(
Anyhoo. Onwards i told myself.
When i scraped the crap off, i noticed that the gyproc was actually old fire proof stuff. So the PVA hung around all day to go off on that too!

Sometimes i think i should have stuck in at becoming a spark. :'(

Just had to get that off my chest. :cool:

domestic is great innit....keep thinkin of the money mate... :cool:

had a couple of jobs like this, the one job i had to scrape old contract paint of all the walls before i could pva. also had a job were the pva wouldnt dry. so frustrating

how come when you put 1 coat of pva on a wall, and plaster it before it goes tacky, the plaster always slides.

but if you put a coat of pva on and let it dry, then apply another coat pva, then plaster it while its still wet it dosnt slide ? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.