paid in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

hector

very very occasionly i get paid off a client before i have even started the job, this has happened just 4 times in 18 years working for myself, but yesterday i turned up to start a job and the woman gives me a cheuque for 600.00 quid, before i have even got my tools out of the van, i actually refused it and said pay me at the end of the job, she then said and i quote, if i did not take it right there and then she was going to buy a handbag,costing and this is where she lost me, 580.00 quid, she asked /told me again to take the cheque ,this time i took it although i will do the job and not let her down ,i could not get over the cost of a handbag , but at least she was being honest with me.:rolleyes)

You should go and buy the handbag and wear it for the rest of the job. That'll piss her off thinking that someone else has the bag she wants.

Do the job and as a thank you for payment up front buy her the bag. And take a s**t in it first

very very occasionly i get paid off a client before i have even started the job, this has happened just 4 times in 18 years working for myself, but yesterday i turned up to start a job and the woman gives me a cheuque for 600.00 quid, before i have even got my tools out of the van, i actually refused it and said pay me at the end of the job, she then said and i quote, if i did not take it right there and then she was going to buy a handbag,costing and this is where she lost me, 580.00 quid, she asked /told me again to take the cheque ,this time i took it although i will do the job and not let her down ,i could not get over the cost of a handbag , but at least she was being honest with me.:rolleyes)

Good news goes down like a lead balloon on this web site

i agree mate although i wouldnt have taken a cheque as they can be cancelled....... i hate it when they make you a brew in the morning say theres the money in an envelope and can you lock up at the end of the day!!!!! i dont mind being left alone but dont ask me to lock your house up

does your head in when they pay you on the first day,gives you no incentive to go back if youv been paid :RpS_mellow:

that is a costly handbag mate,but i know you can get many more expensive than that.i have brought my missus a fair few in my time(not quite that expensive )she has since sold most of em.take the money when offered chaaaaching!:RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.