over polishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

eve1423

had a total knob as a customer this week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the customer had a right attitude about paying at the end and wasnt happy with the finish after painting ,even though steve wonder could on seen the roller marks, so thought ill sort it. did my best to get it like glass, then just to make sure did the last one with pva!!!

has anyone else done this?

will the paint stick?

am i a knob?:RpS_crying:

ive never done that before but these people really push my buttons, i should of just walked but ive always made my customers happy before leaving a job.we all have bad days and i accept that, but these guys just went overboard.

do you reckon they will be a able to paint it? i hope they can't!!!!

just thought it would add to the effect, like if you get a splash on a already plastered wall then tried to paint it.

i take thats a new one then!!! hahahaha

Just needs a rub down and an extra coat.

You'd have been better writing "Smooth enough for you, w**k*r?" in PVA with your splash brush.

i always leave a mat finish me lol but folks like that right grind my gears

Last edited:
love that dannymac!!!!!!

yeah, they pulled some about 5 pit marks and 1 board joint that showed when the sun shined on it, thought it was a bit extreme but the attitude really got me :RpS_angry:

sure if youv given it a last go over with pva it will help the paint stick! all youv done is size the wall for him

so was he in the room painting the wall you did the day before?? or are you saying you did the job again??

the best idea is what danny said he wouldnt have seen it till he started painting

Or if you really wanted to feck him over, you coulda sprayed the wall with some silicone spray... nice and shiny yeah. But, no way can you paint over it. :RpS_thumbup:

bowing too the pressure of a know f*** all client.the client is right most of the time ...but when it comes too the finish just tell them whats best for the finished product and do it.

So it looks like I've done him a favour rather than made his life more difficult !!!!!

Best go get the silicon spray out:flapper:

Nps, I did this job months ago and got a phone call about a week back , I went and it took me a while to see the problems they were so small, they had painted over the PVC door frame in the hall instead of cutting in , and all over a brand new rad then had the cheek to say my finishing was unacceptable on about 0.25m on a 80m job.like I say we all miss things for one reason or another but the attitude!!!!!

I'm talking about less than the size of a match stick head, and yeah I missed them but the attitude was beyond reason , I thought I had made some kind of sexual remark about his mother the way he went off

sticking match sticks together, you must have done when you was in the nick :razz:

Perfection is only in someones mind ,but your perfection is different to his. in other words tell him to ram it and not insult you.

Status
Not open for further replies.