Over hit advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtybill

Got a house to do which was brick built 30+ yrs ago the client is wanting a complete over hit of what is there (dry dash s/c), the original corners and bellcast have all been formed and i was wondering what the best method of attaching new beads would ie to dab them or drill and fix given the nature of the brickwork and what i mean by that is that large areas at front of house and two patches on gable are bossed and ready for coming off so would it be better to screw them on to be safe? im using powerwall surerend.

Don't get it are you trying to hold the old stuff on the wall with beads?

i think what he is gettin at Spunky is would he be better off mech fixing the beads because there is already some blown areas

my issue would be that if there already signs of the exist render spalling, then how are you gonna guarantee your new render, i don't think it matters wether you dab em on or mech fix em you still can't guarantee the system over an already defective substrate

Sorry should have been clearer, the bossed areas will be taken back and dubbed out then over hit. The rest of the house is sound bar weathering so need to strip back.

Yeah thats my preference as well, the dubbing is good stuff for dabbing them on however i suppose i was really only thinkin about the bellcast when i posted originally

UPDATE going to do this job next month so getting organised for it however a question to the powerwall punters, in regards to the overhit is the exposed render the best stuff to use and is there a bonding solution of some sort i you can get from them or is it just fungicidal wash, cant see anything on their website ?

UPDATE going to do this job next month so getting organised for it however a question to the powerwall punters, in regards to the overhit is the exposed render the best stuff to use and is there a bonding solution of some sort i you can get from them or is it just fungicidal wash, cant see anything on their website ?

bill,

You will need to seal if using the surerend topcoat. The surerend is also half the price of powerwall exposed and does the same job.

I also powerwash the surface to get rid of any dirt.

Cheers for that, do powerwall do a sealer in fact scratch that going to phone them today.

Apparently you cant use surerend over existing roughcast according to the technical data

you should remove the loose render and replace it with base coat. powerwall do a dash reciever that can go straight over the existing.
probably have to use their fungicidal sealer over it first

I phoned the tech guy @ powerwall now called (Enewall) and explained to him that I was going over existing render and didn't tell me not to use surerend! Also asked him if using SBR to kill the suction was ok and said that was fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.