Out the bucket

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
im slow... but rough.... 2 bedrooms and a cupboard in one hit on your own.... bollox...to that... remember plasterers are the biggest lying fukers in the building trade.. if u put 8 bags on, they put 9 on..lol
And go to the pub have a meal read the paper and then come back and trowel up .peice of piss.

its all about getting there ready to start the job at 8am at the latest. Makes all the difference starting early.

board and stand as much as poss

prefer mixxing up getting it on board washing bucket out
and then its just a case of concentrate on the hit not aving to drop back to wash buckets n tools

board and stand as much as poss

prefer mixxing up getting it on board washing bucket out
and then its just a case of concentrate on the hit not aving to drop back to wash buckets n tools

If you knew it was gonna take more than one bucket would you leave the drill and bucket dirty then when all the first has been used mix up the rest or still clean out after the first lot?
I will normally make sure the paddle is clean but not the bucket until after I've mixed the next lot.

as soon its mixed and on board i clean the whisk n bucket
for the 2 mins it takes to do i no the next mix will be 100% fresh and wont affect setting times

I dont think mixing in a used tub makes any difference. They normally get scraped out pretty well.

These massive sets people talk about, I assume you're talking about fully boarded rooms? I'm sure people can skim quicker than others but the prep on an average job takes as long as it takes surely. Sheet up, get tools out of van, pva (2 rooms on your own must take enough time!), wait until tacky, pva again, wait until tacky. Loads of other anomalies as well, scraping artex, filling chases, bonding repairs, putting right **** boarding etc. in reality prep is half the job.

Board and stand for me when ever possible , the tub way is a short cut for a wrist injury

I give mine a scrape round the side so all whats left sits in the bottom then a wipe round with a brush. Then when its set pop out the nice round slab of pink:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.