Not open for further replies.
bobby said:
you domestic boys make me laugh.you would`nt last 5 mins in the rteal world!l

working on domestic is not all about how much you can bang out in one day

you need to sheet up
you may have furniture to work around

we also need to do more than just spread onto board

may need to remove existing plaster --

boarding ceilings with furniture of carpets in the way is not ideal but the normal

mixing up and working area may be cramped or on street in some situations

clean up /hoover

hopefully all the above not on the same job!!!

you cannot always work at same rate as on site

so you cant really compare the two can you ???

SLIPPY said:
Thats not dear thats realistic ;D
if youre not paying materials youre working for 115 per day ......aslong as youre happy mate...........if youre supplying too then youre either youre sh1t or too nice

Pug said:
on monday i moved 10 downlighters, repaired the holes and skimmed a kitchen ceiling (3.5m x 2.5m) utility ceiling (2.5m x 2m) and a wall (2.2m x 3.5m) £330, not bragging, but i've got a good name and people are prepaired to pay a premium if you come recommened.

Nice 1 mate. BUT..... i'm doing a recommendation next week in a farmers house. Dab 1 board on a kitchen wall, stick some tapes on and skim. £220. I thank yeou!!! ;D

spunky said:
SLIPPY said:
if youre not paying materials youre working for 115 per day ......aslong as youre happy mate...........if youre supplying too then youre either youre sh1t or too nice

As I said 2 easy days for 2 spreads, so £115 is a realistic price for top quality flawless work and im nice as well so its win win for everyone. ;)

£115 is nae good mate. If your work is flawles, YOU are worth much more. Having said that, these are stressful times and if £115 suits you then that's fair enough, it just not enough for me, i have tax, N.I, new van, diesel, mobile etc.

from someone who cant figure out why board finish comes in green bags and multi finish is red and ones a backing coat and the others used for a finish coat me thinks 50 quid a days expensive

fair play.i`m not saying domestic plasterers don`t do a good job.i do my fair share of it.my point was alot of plasterers come on here with crazy prices,then wonder way they don`t get jobs they`ve priced.nisus & slippy`s examples of prices are realistic,working class customers don`t want to pay plasterers 250- 300 a day cash.

spunky said:
from someone who cant figure out why board finish comes in green bags and multi finish is red and ones a backing coat and the others used for a finish coat me thinks 50 quid a days expensive

If your happy with 50 squid a day then fair enough. ;)

carping said:
went and priced up a job today and i see the first quote £732
this was for a blown lid lath/plaster with plastercoving too stay in place
brake down:
skip
5 plasterboard
5 bags of skim
roll of skrim
pva
sorry small bathroom lid over skim 1 bag of finish
3 days for 2 spreads the plasterer said the price is the price cos of the coving needs to stay up.
dont thnk ill be abell too beat that lol
If you manage or anyone can manage to take down a lath and plaster ceiling AND replace with boards whilst leaving the original coving UNDAMAGED needs a furking medal, or there head examining for just thinking it can be done in first place :eek:

SLIPPY said:
spunky said:
SLIPPY said:

As I said 2 easy days for 2 spreads, so £115 is a realistic price for top quality flawless work and im nice as well so its win win for everyone. ;)

£115 a day aint worth getting out of bed for, plasterer should be on a bare minimum of £150.. and if you cant get work at 150 a day then your doing something wrong!

I charged £225 to skim a 2.5mx2.5m wall and fill in and skim 4 chases yesterday, finished at 1:30pm (had to string it out a little) and walked away with nearly £200 for my labour. Customer was over the moon and even gave me a drink on top! this job aint a job worth working for peanuts for, may as well go back to college and become a plumber if thats the case and earn some real money!

i'd do this job in a day - no need for a skip either just chuck the s**t in to an old ton bag in the back of the van and drop off on the way home.

SLIPPY said:
spunky said:

If your happy with 50 squid a day then fair enough. ;)

What the fcuks wrong with 50 a day like.

Status
Not open for further replies.