Out of date multi

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 29624

Bags been stored in a dry house, out of date 28th April....would you risk it or better to avoid? Anyway of testing a bag to see what its like.....if I let it set in the bucket what would be the standard time about 1.30?

Test it in an old bucket mate see what It does. Carlite over here usually sets like f**k sometimes when it's out of date, like mix a Bucket Carry it to spot board, and boom its set before you can get it out bucket, But there are other times won't set at all for ages. Mostly it will go a lot quicker. Dont know what multi out of date 6-7 weeks would do. Even mix a half a yellow bucket just let it sit to see what it does, in case it does go with a bang in your mixing bucket and that's it f**k*d.

Bags been stored in a dry house, out of date 28th April....would you risk it or better to avoid? Anyway of testing a bag to see what its like.....if I let it set in the bucket what would be the standard time about 1.30?
I wouldn't touch it mate, if the materials break down then the blame can be passed on to you. its cheap enough to replace. :coffe:

You know the correct answer really mate!

No doubt its a customer trying to save costs there problem ain't yours fela!

Whatever you do make sure
It's not going to be your problem (Though there won't be a problem) if it goes pear shaped

No chance, the crystals inside the plaster wont formulate correctly. Found this out the hard way. Rang Gypsum and said nothing they can do apart from tell them where I bought the out of date bag. Always check the date before I buy now

No chance, the crystals inside the plaster wont formulate correctly. Found this out the hard way. Rang Gypsum and said nothing they can do apart from tell them where I bought the out of date bag. Always check the date before I buy now
Could you elaborate about the crystals?
And what happened mate
Tbh I don't believe all this in date out date stuff

When I rang gypsum they stated each grain of plaster has a certain type of crystalisation process depending on the type of plaster. This crystal is mixed with some other ingredient but couldn't say as they wanted it to be kept a secret so to speak.
So it was explained as if of food goes off by its sell by date you wouldn't buy or eat it. So why buy out of date plaster?
Hope it makes sense

Same principla applies to plaster.

Could you elaborate about the crystals?
And what happened mate
Tbh I don't believe all this in date out date stuff

When I rang gypsum they stated each grain of plaster has a certain type of crystalisation process depending on the type of plaster. This crystal is mixed with some other ingredient but couldn't say as they wanted it to be kept a secret so to speak.
So it was explained as if of food goes off by its sell by date you wouldn't buy or eat it. So why buy out of date plaster?
Hope it makes sense

Same principla applies to plaster.

So how did you find out the hard way? Secondly why call company up if you know you used something out of date? If you do things outside of guidelines then blame will fall on you everytime. I suspect that's most overskims for me as I use pva lol.

Used lots of out of date stuff over my life. Usually just sets differently, and whilst I'm not saying that it doesn't affect it I have never seen plasters fail because they are out of date.

Use it for patching jobs goes off nice and quick.

It'll either go off quick or the water won't absorb and you'll be on it for 5 hours at least stay away