One coat render brand.

Members online

Geobiders

Hi guys,

I’m a general building by trade but was after more information about one coat renders.

Most of the jobs I’ve worked on in the past have been sand and cement render.

However on the last job I was persuaded to use Webber ocr.

The two guys doing the job had issues with it cracking but they went over it again with a thinner coat and this seemed to resolve it.

My main issue is I don’t think the finish is as good as sand and cement. The texture seems un uniform with some areas having a sand effect and some areas not.

Is Webber the best finish one coat render on the market?

I have been talking to Prorend and wondered if the finish was better with this system?

I have another job needing exterior rendering and they are pushing me to use a one coat render system again.

I’m reluctant to be honest but they seem very reluctant to use sand and cement. And it seems quite common with all the plastererers I’ve spoken to.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

George

Sounds like your 2 guys on the job aren’t up to the job.
nothing wrong with Weber if used correctly, what are you doing with it painting it ?
it’s common because rendering has moved on since sand and cement, although there’s nothing wrong with sand and cement, but pre bagged gear is easier, ie you can spray it being the major benefit. If your doing big areas and mixing in a belle mixer and the like it’s donkey work.

Sounds like your 2 guys on the job aren’t up to the job.
nothing wrong with Weber if used correctly, what are you doing with it painting it ?
it’s common because rendering has moved on since sand and cement, although there’s nothing wrong with sand and cement, but pre bagged gear is easier, ie you can spray it being the major benefit. If your doing big areas and mixing in a belle mixer and the like it’s donkey work.
All pre bagged ocr renders are good . Ocr tarmac euro mix used em all there brilliant. Far superior to s/c

If your doing big areas and mixing in a belle mixer and the like it’s donkey work.
swing donkey GIF

Rendering is saturated in different brands now. Spoilt for choice. There are pros and cons but all pretty much the same at the end of the day.
Some like to swing their cock about saying they use the latest manufacturer “Hey everybody, I use Eco Rend, come and look at me”they’re idiots.

Rendering is saturated in different brands now. Spoilt for choice. There are pros and cons but all pretty much the same at the end of the day.
Some like to swing their cock about saying they use the latest manufacturer “Hey everybody, I use Eco Rend, come and look at me”they’re idiots.
that made me laugh.

Gotta be honest I never been to a quote and the customer tried to push me to use anything, normally they are asking what the hell you gonna do and can we have the price thanks
It'll all change when the internet finally gets to the frozen wastelands of the North Pete. Customers lover an internet search to appear knowledgeable.