One coat and sponge??

LocoRay

Seen a plasterer the other day, skimming on to boards.
Put one thick coat on, then sponged it with a sponge pad, then trowel up.?
Thoughts on this please.

20170525_155754.png

Every now and then if I’m really really bored I’ll mess about and sponge some walls. It makes the plaster nice and “creamy” good to flatten in. Can’t stand washing the sponge out though. Seen some brilliant skimming with the sponge and some not so good. Never really got the hang of it myself with the timings.

Seen a plasterer the other day, skimming on to boards.
Put one thick coat on, then sponged it with a sponge pad, then trowel up.?
Thoughts on this please.
Yup can get a spot on finish doing this, lay on thick, speedskim when it's real close to going almost like ruling bonding. Leave 10 mins, sponge, once over with steel, wait for dark spots, quick go over with mediflex.

Ffs , its been around for 20 years , same as spats , thistle one coat/ knuaf one coat ! Thats where it came from in the first place ! Jesus ! Just have a go ! Whats the worst that can happen ! :cry:

Every now and then if I’m really really bored I’ll mess about and sponge some walls. It makes the plaster nice and “creamy” good to flatten in. Can’t stand washing the sponge out though. Seen some brilliant skimming with the sponge and some not so good. Never really got the hang of it myself with the timings.
It can save the day on a wall of many backgrounds ! Gives you better chance, more work though , prefer to take of the fat with an mt then use a flex with a little water to finish with.

Ok, you introduce the sponge as soon as you have flattened skim this livens up the finish makes it creamy and essentialy becones a fresh 2nd coat of plaster to then start flattening etc.

If you try doing the same with a brush it totaly fucks up the finish, you dont use the sponge like your thinking at the wet trowel stage like you do with a splash brush in front of the trowel that would be way way to late and you would f**k up the set.

Ok, you introduce the sponge as soon as you have flattened skim this livens up the finish makes it creamy and essentialy becones a fresh 2nd coat of plaster to then start flattening etc.

If you try doing the same with a brush it totaly fucks up the finish, you dont use the sponge like your thinking at the wet trowel stage like you do with a splash brush in front of the trowel that would be way way to late and you would f**k up the set.
Yeah no good to me . Though lately I.ve been flattening second coat super neat . Letting it pull right in then running brush on wall. Comes up sweet as . Need to stop wasting time with plastic