on your marks get set,GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

charente

heres a scenario for you my fello guardiens of the trowel,your done all your boarding out,tapeing's done etc and your against a dry-liner,whos done the same,based on the fact you both have the same level of exsperience in you trades,who'll finish first and walk away for that well earnt pint of bullmers,so its on your marks get set"no swearing boys"GO.:RpS_scared:

A decent dryliner will win every time if you mean boarding, he might struggle when it comes to skimming or jointing

Assuming you mean who would win on metreage, a spread skimming the walls/ceilings or a dry liner tape and jointing? personally I can't see how drylining is any quicker than skimming concidering the number of coats and rubbing down they need to do but I may be wrong!

A decent spread will win hands down every time bud, and also leave behind a job that doesnt look shiot everytime the sun shines on it!

You're always fighting against cleanliness and drying times, a lot of jobs are specced as tape joint but if a plastering firm wins the job they switch it to skimming

This dilema is a bit like one coat and 2 coat plastering. If i remember rightly dry lining was introduced so houses could be turned around faster i.e. decorators and finishes etc. That said by the time the boards are sealed etc after dry lining imo plastering would be quicker but would slow a build down where real wood flooring etc were to be used due to the moisture levels.

But the floor boards get wet plasterers are generally messy leaving bags and shite everywhere, you can see where site agents and other trades like chippys ****** off with bell casts come from

hi freerider,ive lived in france before for 10 yrs and all they do is tape and fill(enduit)it takes a huge amount of time,filling,sanding,filling again,sanding,its a nightmare,so i asume a good plasterer would win these guys hands down,and of home for a quickie with the mrs:RpS_thumbsup:

Tape and jointing is definitely faster on commercial stuff i'd say, My bro use to do 200 meters plus a day easy on big runs..With a little bucket of tools and no mess and a battery drill to mix up.....

Didn't Evan need a van.

It obviously depends upon the job, but if you looked at say a decent sized lounge 40-50 m2 with a couple of windows a set of patio doors and a pipe boxing, then i would say any half decent spread would be trowelled up and home while mr jointer is still looking at the walls waiting to rub down his final coat, But on a commercial with miles of straight walls and only a tapered edge joint every 1200mm, then it would be a different story i think.

Taping is far faster than plastering. Taped 12 flats last year and done 3 flats in 5 days, all 2 bedrooms with on suites. If you have all the tools, boxes and pumps for taping its easy but you do need the meterage. If it was just one ceiling then plastering would be the fastest option.

Taping is far faster than plastering. Taped 12 flats last year and done 3 flats in 5 days, all 2 bedrooms with on suites. If you have all the tools, boxes and pumps for taping its easy but you do need the meterage. If it was just one ceiling then plastering would be the fastest option.
Also depends on what standard the taping has been applied to, because unless its finished to usg level5 systems spec including a full slurry coat or 2 coats of drywall sealer it cant be compared to a skim finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.