OMG, USA

Gonna see a range of crystal trowels coming soon!! :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• IMG_0315.JPG
    IMG_0315.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 464
Nice kit Vincey. Hope you like it. I haven't bought the plastic curry yet but I just nicked my nela so I'd be interested in hearing what you think of it.

Nice kit Vincey. Hope you like it. I haven't bought the plastic curry yet but I just nicked my nela so I'd be interested in hearing what you think of it.
Thanks for the link to curry I haven’t used either trowel yet but am fascinated that the plastic is riveted , interesting to that they only used every other rivet hole available on the trowel except at the toe end where there is 2 , will post up when I used them

Thanks for the link to curry I haven’t used either trowel yet but am fascinated that the plastic is riveted , interesting to that they only used every other rivet hole available on the trowel except at the toe end where there is 2 , will post up when I used them

bring it on friday :D I want to play :D

bring it on friday :D I want to play :D
I will , just had a go with it there’s no flex in it at all, gonna give it a good rubbing across some boards too to take edge off a bit , see you Friday, Forum Winter trip away to Grimsby :bananahappy:

Sweet mother of god I haven’ seen one go that black since first dipped the mt carbon, now I know some are gonna be saying wtf am I doing but here’s the thing each different carbon I had I have dipped before use and they all came out different, I ain’t no scientist but this is telling me the quality of the carbon used , darker the trowel the better the carbon, well that’s what I hope :tonto:
433524B5-B178-438F-AE56-E26A796178C7.jpeg

Sweet mother of god I haven’ seen one go that black since first dipped the mt carbon, now I know some are gonna be saying wtf am I doing but here’s the thing each different carbon I had I have dipped before use and they all came out different, I ain’t no scientist but this is telling me the quality of the carbon used , darker the trowel the better the carbon, well that’s what I hope :tonto:
View attachment 21278
Done the patina thing before and decided it was a waste of time, if you scrape the trowel clean the black comes off. I Keep it clean with sandpaper and dry it and if I’m really keen a spray of wd40.

View attachment 21278

Weirdo!!!

Done the patina thing before and decided it was a waste of time, if you scrape the trowel clean the black comes off. I Keep it clean with sandpaper and dry it and if I’m really keen a spray of wd40.
I agree mate, had to try it though to see out of curiosity

View attachment 21278

that looks sooo good :D

that looks sooo good :D
Last 3 then I’ll stop posting pictures and use the thing , when dry it was slightly lighter colour , on platina comparison it was in between the nela ( that was more snake skin grey first time ) and not as dark as the mt, so far mt wins the dipping contest but this ain’t bad at all , very close second
8BCFF28E-09B8-4032-8FD8-CDE5A5E7EE2F.jpeg
6375249F-DB0B-4D8B-895E-C221AB0FF062.jpeg
F73B6809-D7AB-42EC-BA9D-A810347DF25F.jpeg

Last 3 then I’ll stop posting pictures and use the thing , when dry it was slightly lighter colour , on platina comparison it was in between the nela ( that was more snake skin grey first time ) and not as dark as the mt, so far mt wins the dipping contest but this ain’t bad at all , very close second
View attachment 21283 View attachment 21284 View attachment 21285
You got some rendering coming up or just sand off the edges and break it in on skimming like a real man?

@Vincey

Brings joy to my heart to see someone go through all that prep for their trowel. (Good to know someone else is my type of crazy) :reloco:

I haven't used carbon steel trowels so I can't say if it will be the same but for the SS ones there is quite a break in period so be prepared and don't give up on it early. It does pay off.

@Vincey

Brings joy to my heart to see someone go through all that prep for their trowel. (Good to know someone else is my type of crazy) :reloco:

I haven't used carbon steel trowels so I can't say if it will be the same but for the SS ones there is quite a break in period so be prepared and don't give up on it early. It does pay off.
Used it today for first time just for laying on tried to flatten off , it needs wearing in , sanded corners, keep you posted, first impressions, it’s wicked

Do you have nela carbon Vincey and how it is compared to this beauty? f**k me if I spend £60+ on used trowel! My name is not Vincey:D

Do you have nela carbon Vincey and how it is compared to this beauty? f**k me if I spend £60+ on used trowel! My name is not Vincey:D
Nela carbon I have used for a year or so now mate the nela is 13x4,3/4 , slightly wider blade on this curry (5inch), the nela is my go to trowel which replaced my mt carbon, the blade on the curry feels as firm and solid as the nela but the trowel as a whole held in my hand feels a lot lighter, I do like the handle shape of the curry just feels sweet

Nela carbon I have used for a year or so now mate the nela is 13x4,3/4 , slightly wider blade on this curry (5inch), the nela is my go to trowel which replaced my mt carbon, the blade on the curry feels as firm and solid as the nela but the trowel as a whole held in my hand feels a lot lighter, I do like the handle shape of the curry just feels sweet
Where did you get it from?Link pls