Oldest plastering tool you own

Members online

John j

Mono Don
Think this is mine. Second one I bought. Like a tea spoon
20200513_194901.jpg

think my mega mixer about 20 years old everything hand tool wise gets slung when dead! Plastering tools cheap as f**k compared to other trades £1000 kit you out with all the best gear drill not included! But probably could include if you got a joey mixer!

I feel your pain, the cavities of swallowed loads of my tools especially Stanley knives
I had this blue spirit level must of been 100 years old . f**k knows where it come from. Was a weird size that came in handy as f**k. Sure it went in slow motion as it slid down

I have a wooden darby be about1918 hand made in yellow pine im the 3rd owner hand me down from relations in trade
In about 81 ish I was given a yellow pine float by a fella who was retiring and it ended up in the hands of some thief off a site about 3 yr later.

Still got my 35 year old tyzack twitcher, beautiful , tough and used often.
Want to buy a new replacement/ spare , but only now available used on ebay.
The newer ones by other brands I have tried so far have all been flimsy or pretty shoddy copies.
A sad day when quality tools are so hard to find.

Still got my 35 year old tyzack twitcher, beautiful , tough and used often.
Want to buy a new replacement/ spare , but only now available used on ebay.
The newer ones by other brands I have tried so far have all been flimsy or pretty shoddy copies.
A sad day when quality tools are so hard to find.

Ragni ones are good mate

the oldest tool that i still have is a pair of hand made coving trowels, for sand and cement/granite skirting, 1 straight the other with a 45 deg angle cut on both ends.
i take a photo in the morning.

Tyzack box angle trowel bought in 1984, not my picture. Its in the garage somewhere.
View attachment 54801

i believe that the box angle trowel was the only shape available to around the 70s when the Tyzack changed to the modern shape.
i had a tyzack semi bullnose internal angle trowel, you they also produced a semi bullnose external.
if you done a set of window reveals they looked like and early TV set. Carpenters would moan that they could not fit the skirting boards. they would chop a lump out of the internal. that idea did not last long.