oldest plasterer on the forum

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

Theres one I used to labour on when I was 15-16 hes 63 now and still going strong hes there at 7.30, he pushes sand and cement and skim without stopping for dinner and is always finished by 1.30.

He lays more than me easily, big rolling sets when skimming, and his finish is lovely. Never seen him struggle or break a sweat, he always said the art to plastering is having a good labourer behind you. Genuinely the nicest plasterer I've ever met.
My old gaffer is still going on the tools he's in his 70s now, he wears a shirt and trousers for work, never looks dirty after a days graft.As an apprentice he had to wear a shirt and tie for work, A smashing fella to learn off. A shame that there isn't more apprenticeships about these days for lads to learn and shadow off old boys. I saw him recently had a bit of a cal with him, his opening sentence was '' look a this big time Charlie poncing around in his big Flash motor, are you still mincing around with these modern renders Richard ?" :ROFLMAO:

Only after wandering around upstairs trying to figure out why I went up there do I return back downstairs to my chair and an overwhelming feeling that I might piss myself do I remember.:sorprendido3:

I have also found most answers can be found by staring into the fridge.
image.jpeg

Turned the big five o couple weeks back n went first time to docs about twinge in knees n got told its arthritis ffs ! Won't be going there again quacks ! Anyway still laying on n stuff 8 - 10 hrs a day with plenty of free time taken through the year to have a life too, cos all the old boys I knew kicked the bucket few years after they stopped so working hard spreading is a life support system wen u get old mun ! :coffe:

57 in october cant wait to retire .40 years doing this shite doesnt do your body any favours. My right hand is full of arthritis and its getting worse.Seen the world doing it but apart from that its just another job.

I think for some of us we will retire once the bills stop coming through the letterbox etc..... or we conk out doing it ! Or it ! :frio:

You aint far away but i got plenty of work most of time so Swansea aint to small for the 2 of us yet ! :envidioso

Onc
My speedskim getting its first run out tomorrow, put 3 motorbikes in lofts today and they're getting the treatment tomorrow
Once you have got the hang of it you'll love it I actually enjoy flattening with it takes off all the strain .. And the finish is spot on, Pete looks like his methods a golden.
Three motorbikes in the loft ??

Onc

Once you have got the hang of it you'll love it I actually enjoy flattening with it takes off all the strain .. And the finish is spot on, Pete looks like his methods a golden.
Three motorbikes in the loft ??
Cant remeber who but someone a while ago said an overboard was the equivelant of putting a motorbike in someones loft....3 overboards today, just ignore me im a knob:aburrido:

Cant remeber who but someone a while ago said an overboard was the equivelant of putting a motorbike in someones loft....3 overboards today, just ignore me im a knob:aburrido:

it was me, talking about overboarding a ceiling., with imago, who compared the weight on the roof truss being the equivalent of keeping a motorbike in the loft.

it was me, talking about overboarding a ceiling., with imago, who compared the weight on the roof truss being the equivalent of keeping a motorbike in the loft.
:) I wondered if id just made it up