Old school scaffold

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jesus. when i was younger and on site we used to use something similar to do the stair way walls. 2 double height walls either side of the staircase so used to chisel out 3/4 holes either side put in a scaffold pole with a bracket either side that wedged into the hole then plank it out

I started my working life in the lift industry........... Scaffold inside a lift shaft was never tied back to anything, so that we could get to all of the walls........ you could really get them shaking and waving up and down the shaft!

That cured my fear of heights and also taught me (as a young apprentice) never to work below others on a scaffold!

I finished my apprenticeship and then worked as a design engineer on the Nat West Tower refurb (early / mid 90's)....... I drafted the machine room on scaffold boards over 3 days, before someone lifted a board to show me a 42 storey shaft below.......... Talk about pooping myself after the event!! LOL

i fell off a dodgy scaff set up just before christmas skimming a bedroom with a high vaulted ceilin but all that was there was 2 wickes special bandstands with 3 bits of 2x4 ontop and a step ladder ontop of that but the scaff diddnt reach from one side of room to the other, scaff all moved to one side when i was on the ladder and it tipped over i slid down the wall and the ladder turned upside down luckily when i landed (on my feet) the legs of the ladder had gone between my legs and missed all me vitals i had one set of legs come out in front of me and the other set behind me sort of like lesbians giving it the old scissor action.

could have been very painfull if the front set had caught me bowlocks :RpS_crying:

haha it was all i was left with and i had to get it done that day to get a draw before we shut down for christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.