Oh the excitement

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mine last week but haven't really used it yet. I'm also wondering about the breaking in, do you just use it for first coat until its broken in?

Round the corners of with a little bit of wet and dry. I also tweek the corners up a little.

you must like it? (a little bit)

to be honest, didnt really see the advantage, bought the 600 and 1200, get it as flat with my trowel... maybe i was using it wrong, but honestly can live without it, i suppose on a big area you could have someone following on with it, whats it like on mono ? on render I use a straight edge, but gonna try the s/skim this week on it...

to be honest, didnt really see the advantage, bought the 600 and 1200, get it as flat with my trowel... maybe i was using it wrong, but honestly can live without it, i suppose on a big area you could have someone following on with it, whats it like on mono ? on render I use a straight edge, but gonna try the s/skim this week on it...
I think the immediate advantage is it's less repetitive (better on the joints/bones)
thats what I'm hoping anyway

I think the immediate advantage is it's less repetitive (better on the joints/bones)
thats what I'm hoping anyway
iv only used mine indoors and i love them, i got the 1800 1200 600 and pole att, i havent used the 1800 the 1200 is more than enough and the 600 is good for reveals.

Should of gone with the spatula. Mind you the speedskim is good for getting the ice off my windscreen!!

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

I baught a set, used it, thought it was absolute poop. Stayed in the back of the lock up for a few months, snipped the edges to a curve, now one of the most usefull bits of kit I have! Just persevere with it, and you may be surprised! I've used a lot of spats, & think this is much better! I always finish by trowel though. Regards Rhys.

there nice mate fella i was working with today had never herd of them so i let him have a try of mine (metal blade ones) he loves them they do save time he done a set using the speed skim and i did a set without useing them and he was finished bout 40 mins before me and was sitting around alot longer than me between trowels

there nice mate fella i was working with today had never herd of them so i let him have a try of mine (metal blade ones) he loves them they do save time he done a set using the speed skim and i did a set without useing them and he was finished bout 40 mins before me and was sitting around alot longer than me between trowels

So you let him touch yours, did he let you touch his?! :RpS_wub:

Reckon it's about time I bought the set, few mates have used em an reckon it let's you put on bigger sets, always finish with trowel tho

Iv had mine for bout two weeks (60 & 1200) used them everyday so far it saves abit of time think it needs quite abit of use to wear in though! Oh and defo worth rounding the edges gets rid of those nasty lines.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

@beddy is the Speedskim ninja...............he'll smell this thread from bandit cuntry....................he'll like the bisto kid but fatter...................:RpS_thumbup:

Id actually try one again after reading dmac and currier saying they flatten each wall as its put on. I may have been leaving it too long before. But seeing as the bloke who invented it is a grade A cun.t I wouldn't buy one if my life depended on it

Status
Not open for further replies.