Oh roger.

Andy whether you right or wrong about him and without being a boring c**t but he is making possibly more dosh doing something other than throwing shite at a wall and his life is possibly a lot easier as well.

10,500 views in just 2 days gives him a lot of clout in his world where he can demand and most probably gets good money from sponsors?
There's no 'whether' I'm right about this t**t mate, he is a disgrace and a prime example of the bad side of the interweb. A clueless idiot professing to know how to do stuff.

I am impressed but I fully understand.

The figure I think is almost 90% of all income by vid makers is earned off Youtube except for those big people like Pewdepie etc. Which means they use it to sell a product or to get income from other sources advertising etc.

Demonetization got rid of a lot of youtubers in the past 2 years.

Making vids is a lot easier but the whole thing is evolving fast as people want decent stuff to watch now and especially now its all HD and 4k. Nobody but oldies watch tv anymore and thats changing fast as well.

So companies advertising habits are changing fast also.

Show you something....a mate of mine is a professional cameraman.

He doesn't drive, so can only carry very limited kit to his own jobs. I know what he carries because I've worked with him.

He shot this with two plasterers lights and either a Z1 or a DSLR. He doesn't carry any of those silly frames or microphones or owt like that.

1 Z1, 2 builder's lights, 1 DSLR, I don't know what make, a shotgun mic and a power lead....that's it. That's all he uses and has done for years.

Now, he does have a good editing suite, granted, but that's by the by.

Show you something....a mate of mine is a professional cameraman.

He doesn't drive, so can only carry very limited kit to his own jobs. I know what he carries because I've worked with him.

He shot this with two plasterers lights and either a Z1 or a DSLR. He doesn't carry any of those silly frames or microphones or owt like that.

1 Z1, 2 builder's lights, 1 DSLR, I don't know what make, a shotgun mic and a power lead....that's it. That's all he uses and has done for years.

Now, he does have a good editing suite, granted, but that's by the by.

Yes she is very nice. But he has a lot of natural light and she isnt shoved up against a wall in a 10 x 8.

Yes she is very nice. But he has a lot of natural light and she isnt shoved up against a wall in a 10 x 8.

No natural light here.

Now, if you want to spend £30k on equipment as a substitute for knowing what you're doing, then I'm sure there's plenty salesmen who'd be very glad to hear from you.

The content isn't the point...the 10x8 is no harder to light.
You can see towards the end of the plasterers vid it goes all crap and dark he needs more light. He actually says you lot will slag him off as well and he admits to not being a plasterer approx 42 minutes.

No natural light here.

Now, if you want to spend £30k on equipment as a substitute for knowing what you're doing, then I'm sure there's plenty salesmen who'd be very glad to hear from you.

He has two lights you can see them on her and they are casting a shadow..............shite sound track as well.

He has two lights you can see them on her and they are casting a shadow..............shite sound track as well.

Nobody is talking about his taste in music..... the point is that a perfectly passable job has been done with a couple of £30 lights.

Nobody is talking about his taste in music..... the point is that a perfectly passable job has been done with a couple of £30 lights.
Agreed but you cant do that every time in every situ. If I could have got by with £30 I would have believe me.

Agreed but you cant do that every time in every situ. If I could have got by with £30 I would have believe me.

Depends on the extent to which you control your situ....you'll not fit all that stuff that you say you need into a lot of places either.

No natural light here.

I think i might have just cum in my pants:p

Putting videos up of you showing you’re a rough chancer is bad for business.

So in actual fact, the more views he get, the more damage he is doing himself.
I
I think i might have just cum in my pants:p
You dont want a bird like that mate never get in the bathroom.. think of the costs...primani mate thats where you want to meet them lol

I know quite a few people who do youtube and have pretty big channels and to be honest the first 100K subs you are not earning much money at all and recently there was the "adpocolypse" where youtube basically cut your revenue down to very little...

I am pretty sure Roger is now just a full time journalist ( I have met him a few times) Fair play to him he will be making a good living and not breaking his back in the process...

You get good journalists and you get good plasterers... to find a good journalist that is also great at every trade then you you will be looking for gold dust.

DO I rate that plastering.... nope.... is he a threat to the trade... no... he may help a few diyers along the way but they a diyer tends to not be a plasterers customer anyway and the ones that cant do it will happily pay for a plasterer anyway :D

As for the cost of production....

Decent camcorder £700 tripod is £20 the mic is about £100 editing software is £300 a year unless your wife is a teacher then it is a lot less :D

Camera people can spend thousands on teh teh where as reality is most people wont notice

And that was all she wrote! Lol
2CE34196-E5AE-4222-851B-867204F3FDC2.gif

Saw that this morning, some c**t commented saying plastering is the simplest of trades, they have seen people do two day courses and turn out great work.. lol said no one ever!

A couple of weeks ago I had to re do a room that had been done by one of these two day coursers. How people can be so ignorant, it's like learning how to dress as a brain surgeon and angle grinding someone's forehead off and claiming its easy! Just human nature though, some people have absolutely no self awareness, you only have to watch the X factor to see this.

You can see towards the end of the plasterers vid it goes all crap and dark he needs more light. He actually says you lot will slag him off as well and he admits to not being a plasterer approx 42 minutes.

They probably had a 2 hour luncheon!
He writes reviews for professional builder magazine and Has done a review for bonding 60.
Would of helped himself if he had just said from the beginning this is just for those who may not be able to get hold of/afford a plasterer. It’s not going to be as good a finish but passable!

Saw that this morning, some c**t commented saying plastering is the simplest of trades, they have seen people do two day courses and turn out great work.. lol said no one ever!

A couple of weeks ago I had to re do a room that had been done by one of these two day coursers. How people can be so ignorant, it's like learning how to dress as a brain surgeon and angle grinding someone's forehead off and claiming its easy! Just human nature though, some people have absolutely no self awareness, you only have to watch the X factor to see this.
How do you know he'd done a 2 day course ...did he spill his guts to his customer

There's no 'whether' I'm right about this t**t mate, he is a disgrace and a prime example of the bad side of the interweb. A clueless idiot professing to know how to do stuff.

So true.

After thinking about this t**t, I'm happy, coz even on a really bad day, my works gonna look s**t hot next to this c"nts bag of s**t work.

Been thinking about this all day.

If ever the teacher needed a teacher This is it.

Everything he says, ahh, just needs a poke in the eye.

What a t**t. He makes us feel like all the f**k**g years of graft, putting little c**ts work right, sorting people's jobs and problems out! And he says learn in a f**k**g day!

What a c**t!

I've got no time for him or anything he says now!

Bring back that Welsh t**t.

Not really.
Don't bring him back.

He needs all them trowels of his taken off him and stuffed up his arse.

I bought a flexi trowel on his say-so, used it the way he said and made a right arse of it. All I can say is that he's either never done a wall that gets glancing sunlight or he's run off with the money by the time anyone sees.

He needs all them trowels of his taken off him and stuffed up his arse.

I bought a flexi trowel on his say-so, used it the way he said and made a right arse of it. All I can say is that he's either never done a wall that gets glancing sunlight or he's run off with the money by the time anyone sees.
I never know what's going on with this thing and his video's. His comments section should be raped.

I never know what's going on with this thing and his video's. His comments section should be raped.

I reckon we should get a few of us together, then invite him round to price.....then instead of giving him a job, cut his thumbs off and sell his tools for scrap.