Off work

Members online

No members online now.

jamesthefirst

Private Member
Virtually had no time off from being sick as such but a lot over the years from operations.
1993 had lymph node removed from groin took 8 weeks to recover. 1998 cruciate ligament/cartlidge flipped operation 12 weeks, 2006 shoulder op scrape back bone which was rubbing against muscle. 12 weeks.
So 32 weeks over 33 years, this lockdown is a doddle for me so far lol!

I’m rarely ill. Don’t get colds or flu. Once or twice a year I’ll get a niggly pain in my lower back for a day or so, then it goes. Had pleurisy once which wasn’t that nice as I was coughing up blood, but it was over Christmas so didn’t affect work. I’m fairly fit for a fat bloke. If I couldn’t go to work for weeks I’d go f**k**g nuts

I dont think I would be doing anything different than I am already...

Still speak to the same people and still getting work done
Surely you have some family or friends you would have seen in person, or would of popped to the pub or restaurant? I can't see how anyone could follow the guidelines and say their lives aren't effected

I’m rarely ill. Don’t get colds or flu. Once or twice a year I’ll get a niggly pain in my lower back for a day or so, then it goes. Had pleurisy once which wasn’t that nice as I was coughing up blood, but it was over Christmas so didn’t affect work. I’m fairly fit for a fat bloke. If I couldn’t go to work for weeks I’d go f**k**g nuts
So are you working now.

I'm same as tony ,was born lucky with good genes, my only complaint is my lower back,get well again soon james mate

oh and i have done two months now fag free after 25 years of smoking , so probably have done some damage to the lungs but maybe they might repair a bit now, funny thing is i packed up after a serious coughing cold in january where found myself not being able to breath properly on four separate occasions
looking back it all seems unreal

I'm same as tony ,was born lucky with good genes, my only complaint is my lower back,get well again soon james mate

oh and i have done two months now fag free after 25 years of smoking , so probably have done some damage to the lungs but maybe they might repair a bit now, funny thing is i packed up after a serious coughing cold in january where found myself not being able to breath properly on four separate occasions
looking back it all seems unreal
"Good genes", are you f**k**g kidding? Your brain is made of scrambled egg mate.

I actually feel I'll thinking of plastering again!

Think I'd like a little part time job somewhere!
Same here, the first week off was a struggle. Loving life now though! Getting up and going for a run, potter about abit, nice lunch. Walk with the family, few games, couple of hours making dinner with a few tunes on, and a beer with a film on.
Getting far to used to this, and its made me revaluate and going to work 3-4 days a week when we're allowed to go back to work

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here, the first week off was a struggle. Loving life now though! Gerting up and going for a run, potter about it, nice lunch. Walk with the family, few games, couple of hours making dinner with a few times on, and a beer with a film on.
Getting far to used to this, and its made me revaluate and going to work 3-4 days a week when we're allowed to go back to work
Going for a run AND then going for a walk with the family. You f**k**g hypocrite, obey the rules, one form of exercise a day. People like you will cause the end of the world.
Anyway why did you change your name on here Robbo?

Going for a run AND then going for a walk with the family. You f**k**g hypocrite, obey the rules, one form of exercise a day. People like you will cause the end of the world.
Anyway why did you change your name on here Robbo?
Very rural where I live, don't see another person on our walks. I take it the Robbo thing is an inside joke on here?

Surely you have some family or friends you would have seen in person, or would of popped to the pub or restaurant? I can't see how anyone could follow the guidelines and say their lives aren't effected

all my family live 3 hours away. friends I catch up with on Skype and yes I would go to the pub but that was a habit I am glad I have broken.e

have had a few friends see me in the garden but that's it.

all my family live 3 hours away. friends I catch up with on Skype and yes I would go to the pub but that was a habit I am glad I have broken.e

have had a few friends see me in the garden but that's it.
Weren’t you barred from
The pub ?

Le garden

Attachments

• 4129995D-0A3D-4A5E-B2FD-BC2E9E4801A1.jpeg
    4129995D-0A3D-4A5E-B2FD-BC2E9E4801A1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 176