Ocr 3

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User________removed

Private Member
Right guys bit of help needed please.

I will be rendering me old man's garage for him as and when, its all new 3.5 kn block work. Im a traditional S&C bloke but decided to the the plunge and use a thro coloured OCR system. done a bit of research and decided on Weber OCR 3 because it seems to be applied and rubbed up the same way as S&C, and have a similar finish.

What i need to know is :

• Do i still need to scratch with this stuff or can i go straight on at 16mm ?

• Do i need to hose the wall down prior to laying it on ?

• Me paddle mixer or cement mixer ?

• Taking into account different backgrounds how long does it hang around for ? can you get plenty on before ruling off ?

• How long before rubbing up ? is it similar to S&C ?

• Do you dry sponge after rubbing up ?

Any other hints or tips much appreciated.

AB

dont need to scratch,dont hose wall down, can use paddle or cement mixer, on 3.5 newton blocks should hang arond long enough to give you enough time, and treat just as s&c , its just like s&c but alot easier to use , apply in two coats wet on wet!

Ok so it looks like the OCR 3 comes as standard and not with a choice of colour, am i right in saying this ? if so what other choice have i got regarding through coloured products that are rubbed up instead of scraped ? Giving the same result as S&C. I know very little about these bagged renders so any help appreciated.

Cheers AB

parex monorex can be rubbed smooth without causing any difference in colour or go with the ocr with an acrylic top coat that way you get to try 2 different methods

id be very weary of coloured floated finishes......different amounts of pigment at the surface and cement laitance with different amounts of floating here and there is asking for trouble imo. Even parex say that a certain blotchiness is to be expected within the finish probably more in keeping with a lime render

Ok so it looks like the OCR 3 comes as standard and not with a choice of colour, am i right in saying this ? if so what other choice have i got regarding through coloured products that are rubbed up instead of scraped ? Giving the same result as S&C. I know very little about these bagged renders so any help appreciated.

Cheers AB
you want the weber pral m mate or simlar if you want a coulored texture finish comes in lots of colours like mentioned

See what your saying with the colour bleeding. Was put off your K-Rends etc by the fact that the finish although flat seems slightly pitted, and the old man wanted it smooth, also only ever rubbed up with a poly float. cant seem to get my head around using a nail float !! or scraping. Its a shame OCR is a standard grey then i wouldn't have had to stray to far from what i already know.

Any of you guys that use the bagged stuff do any form of training or just suck it and see ? if so how did you get on. Half of me is thinking just get it on and deal with it and the other saying do it the way you know.

we done a shopping complex for a big company in durham city centre white panels. they didnt want the mess of scraped finish because of contact with the public and wind blowing it all over the place we used weber pral m and rubbed it up .there where no problems at all but i dont think weber actually guaranteed it to be done this way .just get it on mate stop worrying

kev can you give us a bit more info on floating timing etc for the weber and any dos and donts with float finishing scraped render? I'm sure there will be many on here as well as me who'd appreciate ur input fella

Cheers for all the replies guys, im gonna go with the Weber OCR then paint as normal. (For now)

Would still like to go down the road in the future with the bagged stuff, but seems theres that much out there for different things.

Would it be a bad idea to suggest that maybe someone on here that knows their stuff could do a guide to / sticky on Bagged renders, eg. Types/names & their uses, maybe the application and finishing process with what tools & timing, firms/suppliers any thing else you can think of.

Would certainly be of help and interest for me whos trying to get away from S&C.

Cheers AB

Cheers Grand, to be honest ive only gone with this because its not a million miles from what i already do, Its the K-Rends etc that im interested in, but not prepared to put it on a customers house as its ground not covered for me.
Me old mans garage is no great area to cover and is obviously a love job, and once my extension and loft are finished at home ill be doing that. just keen to learn more about the bagged stuff, so can have a play on me own house then maybe have the option of punting it onto my customers.

AB

Ha,ha he wants it Green, nothings every easy is it !!!

Just don't know enough about what's out there and the process, and didn't want to f@@k his garage up. S&C is a no brainer obviously, but things are moving on, would just be nice to get clued up on some newer products so that ive got a few more options.

AB

Status
Not open for further replies.