nvq3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobspread

How is it my mate who's a plumber has nvq3 in plastering been doing it 10 years ,not full time has more qualifications than me :RpS_scared: been at it nearly 28 years ffs

nvq 3 is advanced craft c and G, i think..
it is a different qualification because of the governing body but in some instances equivilant but personally not as good because of the way in which it can't be obtained. Say for instance you was to apply for oz an indentured apprentice who would of gained C&G advanced craft and took a skills test is worth more than someone with a NVQ111. @pudove will know more on the differences

Last edited by a moderator:
I took a skills test when I was an apprentice so that means I'm more qualified than him ******* get in!

it is a different qualification because of the governing body but in some instances equivilant but personally not as good because of the way in which it can't be obtained. Say for instance you was to apply for oz an indentured apprentice who would of gained C&G advanced craft and took a skills test is worth more than someone with a NVQ111. @pudove will know more on the differences
just read your post again flynny im not sure if mine was an advanced skills test,i remember mine consisted of board and skim a ceiling, float and skim a window wall with a bulkhead made from expanding metal,float a s&c wall rubbed up and lay a floor, i think they gave you 2 days to do it

just read your post again flynny im not sure if mine was an advanced skills test,i remember mine consisted of board and skim a ceiling, float and skim a window wall with a bulkhead made from expanding metal,float a s&c wall rubbed up and lay a floor, i think they gave you 2 days to do it
Sounds the same

Nvq level 3 in Plastering requires you to know all the designed plastering like fibrous etc u can upskill from a level 2 solid plastering to the level 3 but you must know how to do the design etc

And unless your employed by that kind of employer its really unusual for a normal plasterer to get that sort of job at same time he has to be assessed

Their aint really any difference it is basically the name of the qualification, they are both assessed and governed by city and guilds and the CITB... NVQ basically means national vocational qualification... just to show its recognised nationally

The advanced craft was proof that you had been trained in a college environment, completed some practical projects that somebody from the awarding body came to check and took and passed a written test which was sent away to be marked.
The NVQ is an assessment of the work you do at work and you have to answer some questions that are given to you which you can research and find the answers to at your leisure.
The advanced craft id's no longer recognised by the citb unless you have still got your indentured papers.

basically NVQ is...

pay a load of money and get some bloke with probably less experience than you fill a load of forms in ( dont worry he knows how to do them for you to pass ) and bosh.. you get the NVQ...

yep....and youl still only get 2.50m like every other cant!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.