not sure on a price

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry

Hi fellow spreads i have 2 lids to overset one is 3.5-2m the other is 2.5-2m.My mate said he would charge £2oo+materials. Is this a bit steep.I reckon £150+materials.Another mate reckons £140 inc materials.who do you think is right or are we all wrong.This could be done in one set.It may escalate into more work so i dont want to overprice.So what would you charge.

the other day i charged 80 quid for a 2 foot sq patch and she nearly ripped my hand of ...work out what you'd like to earn and start from there mate you can go down but cant go up on the price

go with what your happy earning in for a day an bang 20 on for materials if they are close enough together u can have them both on in one spread an back home for dinner ;D

had ting tong ring me yesterday ...she asked me to give her a quote over phone for 2 double bedroom lids...she said her hushband wil get materials...what ish my prishe...i said 120 per lid.......cheeky chink then asked if that was my trade price...i laughed and told her it was my cash price...everyones trying it on .

Now here is the thing as a ltd or sole trader it has to be a min £200 for a days work with taxes and everything else that a buisness incurs, cash maybe 150 at the absoulte lowest,

Dont know what youre all on about its only 12 sq metres, 2 bags of finish and a bit of pva, 3 hours work £110 including mats, £33 an hour!! Talk about greedy

CKJ said:
Dont know what youre all on about its only 12 sq metres, 2 bags of finish and a bit of pva, 3 hours work £110 including mats, £33 an hour!! Talk about greedy

3 hours lol it would take that long just to get set up, 2 coats of pva,clean up and put your tools away.....thats without putting it on.

dont go in to greedy mate dont forget you dont want her telling all her mates i had this plasterer in he was only there half a day and charged me two hundred just go for what your happy with and hope she passes on your number

CKJ said:
CKJ said:
CKJ said:

As a business not only do you need to pay yourself a wage you also need to make a profit too, even as a sole trader, sitework is totally diff my friend.
Not only that it does not matter what the metreage is it is still a day of your working work

As a business not only do you need to pay yourself a wage you also need to make a profit too, even as a sole trader, sitework is totally diff my friend.
Not only that it does not matter what the metreage is it is still a day of your working work

LOL. I run a very succesful plastering buisiness and am currently working for 7 large contractors. The job i am just completing is £14000s worth of plastering so dont insult me by explaining buisiness!
The job should only take 3 Hours and if thats your only job for the day its not the customers fault.
If your gonna put a job that small through the books you want your head testing!!!

CKJ said:

LOL. I run a very succesful plastering buisiness and am currently working for 7 large contractors. The job i am just completing is £14000s worth of plastering so dont insult me by explaining buisiness!
The job should only take 3 Hours and if thats your only job for the day its not the customers fault.
If your gonna put a job that small through the books you want your head testing!!!
If you dont need business explaining then maybe you would know that know matter how small it still goes through the books, if your happy too admit as much on a public forum then good luck.

CKJ said:

lol.......if your earning such great money and workin for all the big boys why would you bother your arse on a 3 hour job for £90 after materials and fuel?

CKJ said:

do you need any lads then (worth pimping myself while im here)

i don't know how you can say, 3 hours mate! its not like walking on to a site, you have to take in to consideration that it is probble an ocupied propery with carpets and furniture that has to be protected and sheeted up, it will take at least 6 hour of any ones time, its not like slaping it on like you obvious do on site quick trowel f**k it that will do, is not the attitude in someones home. 3hours!! ;D ;D ;D

jesus!!!!! some of you on here get ya nails out quick sure this int the school girls forum. ???

its 3 hrs all day lads, if you charge for a day youll be well in anymore and your takin the hit and miss. and this better be the girlies forum or im in the wrong place :p

murplastering said:
its 3 hrs all day lads, if you charge for a day youll be well in anymore and your takin the hit and miss. and this better be the girlies forum or im in the wrong place :p
You do like to be contoversial mur, from the minute you get out your van its impossible to do it in 3 hours, your looking at half hour setting up and half hour cleaning up now if your telling me you can pva and skim 2 coats in under two hours then we will all know what type of work you leave behind, id agree 4hours but 3 is taking the piss in domestic work.

gps youve clearly got issues with me are you trying to say that im a dodgy plasterer, listen no one on here can say for certain what this job is going to take to do because weve not seen it so dont take these forums so seriously. and just to clarify Im awsome and modest so chill

Mur I have no issues with you I only have issues with incorrect posts, and in no way was I saying you was a dodgy plasterer only trying to get you to see 3 hours in a domestic house would of been a rushed job at best.
Im chilling mur dont worry about that, just about to sit down and hopefully watch the gooners knocked out the cup.

Sorry but it's gotta be £175 all in MINIMUM .It may well only be 2-3 hours work but,you will have to drive there and do a quote first (this costs),you will have to drive there again and back home,you will have to buy materials just say £25 ,by the time you added all this up and minus the 30% for the tax and NI your left with just £105 (not to mention your fuel costs).
If theres not another job on that day and close by its hardly with sweating over.

ive just took my cat to the vets and been charged £55 for one jab .......fook me i was in there 5 mins

spunkybum said:
ive just took my cat to the vets and been charged £55 for one jab .......fook me i was in there 5 mins

I would of charged £35 and you would of been out of there in 2 minutes, a job like this should only take about 2 minutes :)

flynnyman said:
spunkybum said:

I would of charged £35 and you would of been out of there in 2 minutes, a job like this should only take about 2 minutes :)

was it a domestic cat or a big cat like a tiger etc all has bearing on the cost

but have to agree I would charge around £40 and would have took aroud 3 minutes ;)

jesus i new i should've phoned around :mad:......it's a cross domestic/persian sorry i did lie it took me at least 2 mins to pay plus theres a 2 metre walk to the door ........and then getting in the car plus kid and at least another minute to leave the premises ...thank god she didnt notice the door was a bit sticky :eek:

CKJ said:

just out of interest mate how would you approach it? if you subbied it to one of youre lads would you pay him a days daywork ?

thanks to everyone for your replies.Im doing the job on saturday they added another lid only 2-2m.so its 3 lids all in the same area the artex has been scraped back by the client (result).there is no furniture just old carpets that i will sheet up i like to leave a job spotless.two setter cushy days work 15min drive from my door £175 cash inc mats.I will be doing all the lids in the house so they must be ok with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.