Not Many I Bet

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
the jobs been dumbed down to the point where anyone can stick a board on and skim it and call themselves a plasterer ive trained every labourer ive had to plaster ie float set dot and dab render (traditional) and theyve all f**k*d off and tried it on there own 2 have made it and two are back and still with me, I learnt by mixing plaster when the bags stood 3ft tall and it was a bath and rake knocking up browning all morning and carlite and board all afternoon didnt formalize anything untill cscs came out and did osat but if that makes me a bad spread foook it im 47 and truthfully couldnt give a s**t

hey im a fireman and i diont work for 60 quid a day ,i learnt the trade before becomeing a fireman, u should try a days plastering after a hard nite shift!

hey ollie,

nobodies taking digs everybody has their on situation just a friendly discussion on the state of the industry :)

hey im a fireman and i diont work for 60 quid a day ,i learnt the trade before becomeing a fireman, u should try a days plastering after a hard nite shift!

No we shouldn't and nor should you, you should be resting so you're fully up to your proper job of keeping the public safe and not moonlighting and nicking work of full time spreads.

No we shouldn't and nor should you, you should be resting so you're fully up to your proper job of keeping the public safe and not moonlighting and nicking work of full time spreads.

That's right mate.........it's why they are well paid to start with, so they don't need to do anything else and remain fresh for their job.

Oh no here we go again,,, but i must say andy has a very good point

good point there pal

lets say someone brought out a five day firemans course or a five day rozzer course or politician course..... there would be uproar and a massive industry backlash from their industries slamming it and closing it down damning the very idea.

So what the fook makes these cnuts think they can do it to us and its acceptable? you cant become a fireman in five days and you cannot become a plasterer in five days - simple. but we have to put up with it happeneing and then pricing against such articles. JOKE

I aint saying you must have a 5 year apprenticeship under your belt but i do beleive you need to be in with a firm as a lab for at least 2-3 years working with experienced guys who can teach you. that should be a minimum and if you get your level 3 nvq on the way then bonus.

how can a cscs put a halt on bad plastering its like saying apilot wont crash his plane because he has a liecence

Ideal solution...
Plastering needs a governing body like gas safe... Any1 plastering without a "plasterproperly" card gets a whoping great fine and can face jail... and to get the card u need to build a portfolio and prove your works satisfactory....
That way it dont matter wether you start with a course or spend 10 years under the wing of a spread if your shhhit... you dont get your card therefore you dont plaster....
We can all dream hey.

how can a cscs put a halt on bad plastering its like saying apilot wont crash his plane because he has a liecence

The CSCS card wasnt designed to put a holt to bad plastering it was designed to have a more qualified work force and there is probably more chance of someone crashing a plane without a plane licence.

Im no where near time served nor is plastering my main income however I still don't class my self as a chancer and I have put plenty of work to 'PROPER SPREADS' I know, if I believe its beyond my what I can do then Ill decline to quote and put them in touch with someone else.

I take on small jobs and yes I pay my taxes , IMO if the spreads in my area are that good or that well known then people wouldn't come to me.
My prices are fair and what I charge is up to me, however I aint the cheapest around and have won work when I was more expensive.

Some you win some you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.