Not enough hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is I don't answer them most of the time, but then I have to call back during the day and that takes up much more precious time ie putting it on the wall.

I get a lot of texts and emails now days which i prefer to deal with during the day if i get chance, frees up the evening. Speaking to people is the ideal way though but not as you say at 10 at night! I have my phone on in bedroom at night just in case of family emergency as the land line is two wings away! :cool:

Yeah same ... Only way is on a evening for paperwork !....... take a day off for pricing / invoicing ect you end up ,
Working all weekend because you had a day off :muyenojado: lol

Easiest way to price a job is to ask the client which football team they support ......find out the captains wages and ask for that every week ....would the client tell him to go and f**k himself ???

I don't work weekends, ok I lie I've done 2 Saturday's in the last 2 years :D
But I'm the one who quotes & books the work in, so if I was too busy working 7 days a week it would be my own fault. :p

Most people I know are scared to turn work down & will go & view work & price it up knowing full well they haven't got time to fit it in. Then they get the jobs & are snowed under & stressed out, but they are to blame, it's a juggling act & knowing when to say no to work or quotes.
Don't get me wrong i've done it myself in the past but now I turn more down than I take on lol :D
Something else always turns up.

Like Zammo once said - Just say NO! ;)

Do you all switch off when away on holiday or have seperate phones?

Seriously considering having 2. Had half a dozen calls a couple of texts and emails whilst I was away. Answered emails and texts when I had time. Didn't rush though. Ignored the calls except one. Rang 4 times within 2 minutes after the third time I started to think it could be family or something. Hello can you price my boxroom please. I'm away still For a couple of days. Ok shall I ring you tonight? Wtf lol

the first one we turn away is other plasterers [no money there] the second is builders [most are a waste of time] everyone else we make sure that they are looked after.

I pick and choose now.re skimming over artex is out the window.
Rendering and skimming new builds in all we do.

We did a 25m2 over Artex the other day for £700!

lol, never turn work down mate just price it high, need a lesson is business mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.