Not been paid (anyone had this)

Members online

billcarphead

Hello all
I’m having a bit of an issue with a builder I’ve done some rendering for, we previously worked for him an got paid. Now we’ve rendered the front of a house in gillingham everything’s good clients happy renders painted scaffolds gone builders been paid, now it turns out he gave us a moody personal name & the business is non existent. Only got a couple of mob no’s so I’ve contacted the homeowner to find his details from the estimate or invoice but turns out his just gave him 11k as an initial payment for a rear extension so was reluctant to give me the business name. He’s not going to be onsite doing any of the extension it’ll just be subbies, so short of sitting outside hoping to catch him I’m a bit stuck as to find his details, ( should of picked up an obvious sign for a old builder he had no numbers for a plumber, carpenter, or plasterer in his phone all of us there for the first job) anything similar happen to anybody else an how’d you get it sorted
Any reply would be much appreciated
Thanks

I’ve not had that, what’s the builders name that he gave you, we are in Medway so don’t need this t**t phoning us. Sorry Im no help for you but I definitely think the owner is in on it as he would have massive bells ringing over paying out eleven thousand and he has no contact address.

one of my pals a decorator, had a taste of this.
the builder would stop off at a Macdonalds on their way home and settle them up in cash on a Friday. On the last day of the work the builder got the final payment and just drove off leaving the workforce with sod all.

Hello all
I’m having a bit of an issue with a builder I’ve done some rendering for, we previously worked for him an got paid. Now we’ve rendered the front of a house in gillingham everything’s good clients happy renders painted scaffolds gone builders been paid, now it turns out he gave us a moody personal name & the business is non existent. Only got a couple of mob no’s so I’ve contacted the homeowner to find his details from the estimate or invoice but turns out his just gave him 11k as an initial payment for a rear extension so was reluctant to give me the business name. He’s not going to be onsite doing any of the extension it’ll just be subbies, so short of sitting outside hoping to catch him I’m a bit stuck as to find his details, ( should of picked up an obvious sign for a old builder he had no numbers for a plumber, carpenter, or plasterer in his phone all of us there for the first job) anything similar happen to anybody else an how’d you get it sorted
Thanks

Mate, feel sorry for you.

What does he owe?
Did you get ANY money at all? Deposit or anything?

What's outstanding?

Also is he dodging calls?
Have you tried ringing from another number?

The homeowner must have his contact details, nobody hands over 11k to a complete stranger. He should get on to the builder now and get your payment sorted, if he does not help you, well i am a great believer in karma, what goes round comes round, and hopefully he loses his 11k to him

The fact the homeowner has just gave him 11k for a rear extension,and won't give his contact details to you because he dont want to lose his money would set me right off,personally I'll be going there with a kango or disc cutter and take off as much render as u can

Well if this chancer has the extension coming up I'd be keeping an an eye on it and speak to the lads who are working on it, you could really put a spanner in the works.
I know if another trade told me they hadn't been paid then I'd be thinking it might be better to cut and run. I'll bet that would get the builders attention.

I once never got paid of a builder . House owner had been done tontunemof about 10 grand of him but to his credit still gave me half of what builder owed me. I was about 300 out pocket I think. Some of the other lads were a few grand as he kept promising em they will be paid next week so they kept turning in. Apparently he doesn't all time . Then goes bust and starts in another name.

I once never got paid of a builder . House owner had been done tontunemof about 10 grand of him but to his credit still gave me half of what builder owed me. I was about 300 out pocket I think. Some of the other lads were a few grand as he kept promising em they will be paid next week so they kept turning in. Apparently he doesn't all time . Then goes bust and starts in another name.
It wasn't a guy called Robin B'stard aka tapit, cos he's flogging holy tape now.

Hello all
Thanks
Hope you get your money m8. Best thing is keep away from builders Becouse they get the cream. And most of them think they know everything about building trade..

thanks for all the replies fellas,
hour after I posted this he called and I got a "I've never had anyone call my fu::ing clients" rant
my reply was I've never had anyone take 3 months to pay us so your client is who ill be sending the invoice to he's got my work on his house as he's holding an outstanding payment to you.
so call ended with "your get ya money end of next week" and a "we're finished" so let's see.
but I don't want to be arsy with the client he said he contacted the builder through a neighbor so probably now thinking the same as me who is he?
I've got the feeling hes a bankrupt his favorite mantra was "pound notes" and didn't want the invoice from me or the plumber, + all the new trades around him
so all said an done if there's no money by sat I'll be driving to Gillingham and handing the invoice to the homeowner. which I'm sure will get him back on the phone
thanks again

Try putting the phone number into google? Might come up with a business
big blank there

hour after I posted this he called and I got a "I've never had anyone call my fu::ing clients" rant
my reply was I've never had anyone take 3 months to pay us so your client is who ill be sending the invoice to he's got my work on his house as he's holding an outstanding payment to you.
so call ended with "your get ya money end of next week" and a "we're finished" so let's see.
but I don't want to be arsy with the client he said he contacted the builder through a neighbor so probably now thinking the same as me who is he?
I've got the feeling hes a bankrupt his favorite mantra was "pound notes" and didn't want the invoice from me or the plumber, + all the new trades around him
so all said an done if there's no money by sat I'll be driving to Gillingham and handing the invoice to the homeowner. which I'm sure will get him back on the phone
thanks again

big blank there
Hope you get paid... keep us updated

thanks again

big blank there
Just ask to meet him and knock the c**t out!

thanks again

big blank there
The builder got the hump cos you contacted his customer, should have paid you straight and on time that would have stopped that. All the bullshit is on the builder.
That's why I don't do work for builders they usually have to many plates spinning at the same time, I don't want to wait to get paid just cos they've got caught up with something else.
tumblr_mg0fzsSyfZ1r7y95eo6_250.gif

I think it was in news he ripped some farmer of so the farmer dropped a load of manure over his drive
There's a farmer on YouTube using his thrower to plaster the bank.

Apparently when he stopped, a policeman asked if he was finished.

'Have to be' , said the farmer. 'Ive run out of s**t'