No Hawk/handboard?

Brimstone

I'm on a fireplace job, and watched the Polish plasterers skimming today and getting on the metres - they just use an 18 inch flexi and load it straight from the big bucket next to them with a bucket trowel. One also has a big hand spat for for levelling/finishing and that's it.
Finish is fine.
They're pro's not chancers, apparently they've never used hawks etc. and think it's an English thing.

Anybody seen or else do it this way?

I'm on a fireplace job, and watched the Polish plasterers skimming today and getting on the metres - they just use an 18 inch flexi and load it straight from the big bucket next to them with a bucket trowel. One also has a big hand spat for for levelling/finishing and that's it.
Finish is fine.
They're pro's not chancers, apparently they've never used hawks etc. and think it's an English thing.

No but I worked with a polish kid who did exactly same . Even offered him a hand board. It was painful as f**k to watch

Finish is fine.

worked on a job 12 year back to polish boys doing same as you say

Finish is fine.

Fu ck em!!!!!!

How this any good for plastering. Google hand board this what comes up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191018-215927_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191018-215927_Chrome.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 203
Finish is fine.

"Finish is fine" doesn't scream high standard mind. I can't see how anyone can finish plaster with I'm guessing a 2 foot hand spat to a high standard

i watched a pole mixing up with a huge polish sausage while drinking cherry vodka and singing stolat.
he did use a hawk though but called it a polish eagle.

You can do this with a metal speedskim aswell if the plaster is on a stand.

I've found it's mainly tapers who do that wierd thing of putting gear on trowels with a 6 or the bucket trowel

It's pointless, can load a handboard with a few scoops and get far more on

Ffs,....................... what sounds better ?............ your handboard , or , Your Hawk ? ............ No matter what its called , in your own conditioned mind !................................... Thread open !

When you’re on the job and you’ve lost your ‘HAWK’ do you ever think it must have flown off to find some food?