No Chance

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 650 quote sounds ok to me if ur on ur own u will get a weeks wages it dont make him a bad spread just because hes cheap and wears acheap teeshrit with beer stains on it and has hes van warped in dust

if hes on his own yea.. i got a company to run. hey on the up side i just put £5 on Rooney to score first and it be 3-1 England so hey a days work saved :)

mate if you have some1 mixing and cleaning for you your kit will be cleaner you can spend more time layng on or perfecting walls.. and if you ever start to lose a wall its ok as you dont have to worrie about mixing up ect.. my lab i can prop him at teh job he will plastic up all the floors.. set the beads.. and pva/wba the walls.. i can turn up he will have a spot and stand ready 2 trowels ready as he lays on first and second coat now.. so £50 a day is good for me.. we have work every day and if i did it on my own i would lose out on work due to use beein unavailable.. but if it works for you .. nice.

At £650 you'd be ok if you have no probs. But he said there might be a lot of blown bits and priced into maybe board ceiling. If you had to do these then you'd come unstuck

oasis said:
if hes on his own yea.. i got a company to run. hey on the up side i just put £5 on Rooney to score first and it be 3-1 England so hey a days work saved :)

mate if you have some1 mixing and cleaning for you your kit will be cleaner you can spend more time layng on or perfecting walls.. and if you ever start to lose a wall its ok as you dont have to worrie about mixing up ect.. my lab i can prop him at teh job he will plastic up all the floors.. set the beads.. and pva/wba the walls.. i can turn up he will have a spot and stand ready 2 trowels ready as he lays on first and second coat now.. so £50 a day is good for me.. we have work every day and if i did it on my own i would lose out on work due to use beein unavailable.. but if it works for you .. nice.

that not a labourer that's a spread :D :D fair play

oasis said:
and after a job like this there is allways alot of cleaning dust and putting all sockets back in buying longer screws ect.. so work is work but not for less than a standard rate

i dont think i have ever in my life put a socket back on the wall for someone. i always just say nooo, not when its wet, you can put them on in a couple of days. f.uck that!

i got one saturday, was pushing some wires in the box so i could go over them with the trowel and DZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! the sparky hadnt put the sleeves over the wires enough. b*****d. don't worry. i filled his boxes to make up for it

Done a job were I took the light switch off a wall. There was a rad in the room, which I had to work around. Everytime I touched the rad a swear word left my mouth. Caught me out 3 times till I realised some plaster was touching live wires in the light switch, making whole wall live, and turning the rad into a conducter.

lewisricekrispy said:
Done a job were I took the light switch off a wall. There was a rad in the room, which I had to work around. Everytime I touched the rad a swear word left my mouth. Caught me out 3 times till I realised some plaster was touching live wires in the light switch, making whole wall live, and turning the rad into a conducter.

Haha yeah been there.... lol when I did it though I unloaded a hark full of gear into the next room... new carpets.... wooops!

However it was not my fault, I had killed the power and the owner had come back and turned the power on and forget I was in teh other end of teh house....lol

Danny

PS I was known for being expensive but people always paid and I was always busy and I never moaned about the work cos the money was there.....

popped in the barbers for a trim today..its a new guy thats just opened up..think the shop used to be a pound land.anyways got chatting in the chair and he was saying when he took the shop on he had it plastered ::) so i was like ooo ye how much, its about 13m x 5m x 9ft high so a fair old space. but nice and square,
he had it boarded and skimmed, £850 :eek: :D :D i nearly jumped out the chair a put the scissors though his eye balls, :mad:
cheeky (french person) said he was expecting it to be a bit cheaper :'( ,,

says the c**t who charges nearly a tenner for a 10 minute haircut. i wouldnt mind being on £60 an hour! i

Status
Not open for further replies.