NIC Class 4 contributions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont expect their to be a pension when i get that old so I am making my own provisions.... I dont rely on anybody and especially a politician

Cheers Andy now I've got your

Full name
D.O.B
Address
NI number
Bank card number (from the snorting pic)

Could apply for a few credit cards now lol :RpS_wink:

@lucius yes you should really edit that picture but its worth putting the letter on here as it does have good info.

NICs are not really optional, as I understand it. If you pay tax (which we all should) then we have to pay some kind of NICs. I think it was started as a way of providing state benefits for anyone that needed them, because, of course, at the time most people did work and want to contribute to the country.

What has brought it to its knees is the unemployment and more pensioners... what a drain they are!:RpS_biggrin:

If you have a gap and you want a full pension then you are invited to make the voluntary contribution. I have to say that letter does almost intimate you can pay if ya like!

I believe that graduated pension payments that were stopped in your payslip at one time (u-oh... age alert), became combined with NICs on the onset of opting in and opting out of state pensions, when all the rage was for your employer to have a pension fund.

Well, we all know what happened to them! I worked for an insurance company wayyyy back. Everyone was buying personal pensions, endowment mortgage policies, company pension plans... great ideas until the investments all went kapput :mad:.

I hope @Danny you are investing wisely :RpS_cool:. Hope you get your tax problem sorted (maybe you need a new accountant :))

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes :) He is good just we had to do some stuff and what not and it complicated but its all sorted kinder :)

Gone have the days when you bought 200 bensons from your "mate" for 15 quid and the guvnor paid you in shiny crisp £10 notes on Friday morning because it was poets day. That was only 16 years ago. I can imagaine it was much better than that for you guys that are a few years wiser than me

Cheers Andy now I've got your

Full name
D.O.B
Address
NI number
Bank card number (from the snorting pic)

Could apply for a few credit cards now lol :RpS_wink:

You will get fck all Lee with my credit rating

Gone have the days when you bought 200 bensons from your "mate" for 15 quid and the guvnor paid you in shiny crisp £10 notes on Friday morning because it was poets day. That was only 16 years ago. I can imagaine it was much better than that for you guys that are a few years wiser than me

To be honest the world has changed & unless you have a cocaine habit, cash isn't much use to most!

Even paying cash at Sainsbury's has an audit trail if you use a loyalty card. Most purchases are done online & with direct debits left right & centre, just to survive in this multicultural money pit that we call home, means money is needed in the bank constantly.

Stop this ride, I wanna get off .... gonna puke!

Status
Not open for further replies.