nhl 3.5 pictures

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh but google earth can't show me that hole in the wall in your front room of your house though mate :RpS_wink:
Also google earth didn't help me find out you had a dog,, erm a staffie if I'm correct :RpS_biggrin:

Ahhh but google earth can't show me that hole in the wall in your front room of your house though mate :RpS_wink:
Also google earth didn't help me find out you had a dog,, erm a staffie if I'm correct :RpS_biggrin:
fuk you lee ,whats going on

Nisus, I thought the District Attourney (Flynnyman) had removed your license?

Last edited:
alright ,have you still got that habbit you do with your mouth

i can see an angle bead on the head in one of the pics:RpS_lol:

why would anyone want to do something without beads......only a question:RpS_mellow:

I was gonna ask the same question regarding why you dont use beads??? is just because its lime (Ive never used lime render tis why am askin)......Looks mustard though FBS a tip me hat to ya marra...........:RpS_thumbup:

keeping it traditional,and cost ,its what the builder wanted,and thanks mate.

Roger........:RpS_thumbup:...dont be taken in by that sothern mud slinger claymonster and his gardening section.......he's trying to take you to the dark side and you've seen the film scum and what happens in the green house.........:RpS_scared:.(was gonna put the you tube clip up but its abit harsh)

fantastic job!! Question about your corners...do you float the wall first then work up to a straight edge on the corner, or vice versa?? hand formed all the corners for a garage i did recently which were very slightly rounded...ended up having to do the whole 3 facades 40m2 in total all in 1 due to no breaks...no lab either lol...much nicer more natural appearance than angle beads in my opinion...requires far more skill and craftsmanship to do it properly

fantastic job!! Question about your corners...do you float the wall first then work up to a straight edge on the corner, or vice versa?? hand formed all the corners for a garage i did recently which were very slightly rounded...ended up having to do the whole 3 facades 40m2 in total all in 1 due to no breaks...no lab either lol...much nicer more natural appearance than angle beads in my opinion...requires far more skill and craftsmanship to do it properly
thanks ,what i do is,say like i was doing a wall with a window in it,i would put the lot on with window reveals and start rubbing up,when i get to windows just hold a feather edge up to it plum, rub them up and then slide it away.the other thing is ,like the garage you said about,i would form a blind arris and then work to that when hard.

icon_salut.gif

Hi

I know this is an old thread but just been looking at your work, very nice I must say, now I am used to rendering s&c and gypsum plastering, have never attempted using lime before. I am going to attempt to render my own house with lime, it is currently having the s&c render removed as it is cracked, trapping water and is generally screwing the house up. Having done a bit of research I am looking at using NHL 3.5 or one of parex's lime products. Could you recommend one over the other and why? I dont want to use beads as I believe they look naff on old buildings, I have a couple of questions about how you go about it if I may.

1. At the external arris of 2 walls, if I tack a vertical batten to one wall to work off, then if I am not going to get round to the other wall for days to form the rest of the corner does that cause problems, as in the 2 dont 'bind' together properly if you know what I mean?
2. Are you able to create a curved arris with this method (sort of 2 pence radius) or does the corner need rendering as one. How would you do this?
3. How do you form your bellcasts without beads?
4. I cant understand why every picture I have seen of lime rendered houses they dont seem to have any bellcast/drip above windows, is there a reason for this??
5. Am I right that with NHL 3.5 I need to wait (depending on weather) a couple of days before applying top coat over scratch and then a few days before rubbing up?

If you could help I would be really grateful

Status
Not open for further replies.