you lads are plastering everyday

I wonder who will be first to post a pic of lights shining down their walls

I guess not one of you cuunts :cachetada:
theres the light theres the wall

Attachments

• SAM_3133.JPG
    SAM_3133.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 232
I was supposed to be working today. Was working yesterday. Need to play catch up from isolating but I’m f**k*d! Covid is horrible, it’s drained me and I was lugging all my gear and buckets of water up ladders into an open loft….. I looked like a campaign for Water Aid yesterday! Lol
Jessica
you'll always be wonderful

my darling :birra:

Its not perfect but in all photos its got horrible light shining down it....even the ones in 'natural daylight' look like low morning sun belting right down it, you can tell by the shadows its casting on the sofa

Its not perfect but in all photos its got horrible light shining down it....even the ones in 'natural daylight' look like low morning sun belting right down it, you can tell by the shadows its casting on the sofa
I get what your saying but at the end of the day the other walls/ceiling are completely smooth and this wall isn’t, it’s clearly visible to the sight and touch. Im messaging him today so will see what he says.

I get what your saying but at the end of the day the other walls/ceiling are completely smooth and this wall isn’t, it’s clearly visible to the sight and touch. Im messaging him today so will see what he says.
There are a couple standard rules. Plaster should be judged in the light it was done in. You’re allowed 3% of any area for small defects as it’s a human not machine doing it. And plaster will never look perfect when light shines down it.

but in all honesty, if a customer called me back and that was my wall I’d redo it.

There are a couple standard rules. Plaster should be judged in the light it was done in. You’re allowed 3% of any area for small defects as it’s a human not machine doing it. And plaster will never look perfect when light shines down it.

but in all honesty, if a customer called me back and that was my wall I’d redo it.
How many times would you be happy to go back and do the same wall?

What kind of question is that? Once. If I agreed it wasn’t up to scratch, I’d redo it. If it was s**t again I’d start worrying about myself
hey come on now, i know its a mongo monday and all spreads are a bit tetchy on a mongo,,just bbe nice to each other and this howler of a day will pass in a much nicer way,,bliss out spreads

I just feel like I shouldn’t have to do this. I would have no idea what to do and will end up making a right mess. The room had to go back to brick so cost a lot of money and I feel like it should be fixed with no cost to myself.
You are 100% right that is a shocking state and you shouldn’t have to pay for it to be sorted out.
The only thing is if this is the best he can do then it won’t get any better.
You will either have to live with it or get someone else who is a plasterer not a scimmer or a chancer who says he is a plasterer. You need to ask a friend who has work done that you are okay with and get their number

I get what your saying but at the end of the day the other walls/ceiling are completely smooth and this wall isn’t, it’s clearly visible to the sight and touch. Im messaging him today so

Yes you should contact him as it isn't right and I totally agree you need a job that's right. My only point was don't judge him or her too harshly, plaster and light are funny things...if that was done on a dull overcast day and the spread ( apparently foolishly) used a flexible trowel to finish this could happen without him realising. Then when every critical light you can get was shone down it it looks a pigs ear. As you said the rest of the room is smooth and as the only photo is that one area I presume the rest is acceptable. I'm sure if you have a chat with them they'll be as shocked as you and happy to rectify

This is it in normal daylight
side light always shows up defects but this looks terrible for daylight. when it's not up to scratch it doesn't make that much difference how bad it is if it has to be redone or vacate the room to sand + fill the crap out of it

i take it thats the end of my peace and harmony crusade then

Nope.

It was non-starter, right from the get go.

Jess and Andy have a special relationship based upon mutual loathing and inappropriate public attempts at affection - you unwittingly stumbled into the post-apocalyptic wasteland of their unrequited love, but thanks for trying! :chica:

(I needed a thesaurus to write that!)

Nope.

Jess and Andy have a special relationship based upon mutual loathing and inappropriate public attempts at affection - you unwittingly stumbled into the post-apocalyptic wasteland of their unrequited love, but thanks for trying! :chica:

ah for fucks sakes man,,is jess a woman then,,just thought it was one of those modern things going on,this is turning out to be a bit of a dogging site tbh,,

Nope.

My new plan is to seduce @essexandy ‘s son (who’s only a couple years younger than me FYI) and completely terrorise him whilst calling Andrew “Dad”

that ought to freak everyone out :coffe: