Newbie looking to work as a plasterers mate in the Southend-on-sea area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulydee

Hi all.
I'm currently looking for work as a plasterers mate in the Southend area with the look of becoming a good all-round plasterer in the future.
I've taken (what some people call a waste of time) a 3 week plastering course with APC in billericay which I found to be a very good starting point for a want to be plasterer. (Please no negative comments)
I'm 36 and changed careers in 2000 from a s/e window fitter of 6 years to a heavy plant operative in the waste industry making my way up to site supervisor.
I lost my job in September and as I could plaster a bit I enrolled on a plastering course.

Now without blowing my own trumpet the trainers were very pleased with the work I was producing and I have worked with one of the trainers a couple of times on his own private work on the weekend, not as a labourer but plastering along side him. (albeit just skimming)

I've practised on my own house and got good results, not just skimming but hacking off, s/c backing then 2 coat multi-finish.
What I want is to learn everything about plastering a three week course can't teach me.
I have the basics and now I'm after someone to teach me the rest that will make me a very good all-round plasterer. In return you will get a hard working flexible person who is willing and wants to learn and understands this will take a few years of hard graft to master.

I'm married with 3 children and have a mortgage so will need to be paid a fair wage for my work.
I'm registered as self-employed and I'm taking my NVQ level 2 in plastering.
Please note I'm not saying to people I'm a plasterer but I can skim a wall to a good standard.

If you can help me then please get in contact.

Thank for taking the time to read this.
Regards,
Paul.

I'm out of work guys so need a job asap. I'm willing to travel for the right job.
Also I'm a CPCS trained 360 operator so if anyone knows of any work then please contact me. Thank you.

Hi mate my name Martin and saw your ad looking for plastering work I have a lot of plastering work at moment and need someone with me please give me a ring to chat more thanks Martin 07572621875

Hi mate my name Martin saw your ad I live in benfleet and have a lot of plastering work coming up if your intersted please give me a ring to chat more thanks Martin 07572621875

Mohsin

:RpS_wink: This post is so great and nice :RpS_thumbsup:

I'm currently looking for work as a plasterers mate in the Southend area with the look of becoming a good all-round plasterer in the future.
I've taken (what some people call a waste of time) a 3 week plastering course with APC in billericay which I found to be a very good starting point for a want to be plasterer. (Please no negative comments)
I'm 36 and changed careers in 2000 from a s/e window fitter of 6 years to a heavy plant operative in the waste industry making my way up to site supervisor.
I lost my job in September and as I could plaster a bit I enrolled on a plastering course.

Status
Not open for further replies.