Newbie looking to work as a plasterers mate in the Southend-on-sea area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulydee

Hi all.
I'm currently looking for work as a plasterers mate in the Southend area with the look of becoming a good all-round plasterer in the future.
I've taken (what some people call a waste of time) a 3 week plastering course with APC in billericay which I found to be a very good starting point for a want to be plasterer. (Please no negative comments)
I'm 36 and changed careers in 2000 from a s/e window fitter of 6 years to a heavy plant operative in the waste industry making my way up to site supervisor.
I lost my job in September and as I could plaster a bit I enrolled on a plastering course.

Now without blowing my own trumpet the trainers were very pleased with the work I was producing and I have worked with one of the trainers a couple of times on his own private work on the weekend, not as a labourer but plastering along side him. (albeit just skimming)

I've practised on my own house and got good results, not just skimming but hacking off, s/c backing then 2 coat multi-finish.
What I want is to learn everything about plastering a three week course can't teach me.
I have the basics and now I'm after someone to teach me the rest that will make me a very good all-round plasterer. In return you will get a hard working flexible person who is willing and wants to learn and understands this will take a few years of hard graft to master.

I'm married with 3 children and have a mortgage so will need to be paid a fair wage for my work.
I'm registered as self-employed and I'm taking my NVQ level 2 in plastering.
Please note I'm not saying to people I'm a plasterer but I can skim a wall to a good standard.

If you can help me then please get in contact.

Thank for taking the time to read this.
Regards,
Paul.

Paulydee

I'm out of work guys so need a job asap. I'm willing to travel for the right job.
Also I'm a CPCS trained 360 operator so if anyone knows of any work then please contact me. Thank you.

Tracie

Hi mate my name Martin and saw your ad looking for plastering work I have a lot of plastering work at moment and need someone with me please give me a ring to chat more thanks Martin 07572621875

Tracie

Hi mate my name Martin saw your ad I live in benfleet and have a lot of plastering work coming up if your intersted please give me a ring to chat more thanks Martin 07572621875

mohsinj677

Mohsin

:RpS_wink: This post is so great and nice :RpS_thumbsup:

I'm currently looking for work as a plasterers mate in the Southend area with the look of becoming a good all-round plasterer in the future.
I've taken (what some people call a waste of time) a 3 week plastering course with APC in billericay which I found to be a very good starting point for a want to be plasterer. (Please no negative comments)
I'm 36 and changed careers in 2000 from a s/e window fitter of 6 years to a heavy plant operative in the waste industry making my way up to site supervisor.
I lost my job in September and as I could plaster a bit I enrolled on a plastering course.

Status
Not open for further replies.