New website

Status
Not open for further replies.
you look alot younger! i did a winder a few weeks back, it was a right shape took 3 coats of bonding and 3 coats of skim. looked ok when i was finished but not looking forward to the next one!

Nice testimonials currier :RpS_biggrin:

Testimonials
"Simply the best plasterers Ive ever seen!" Spunky
"They are good" -- Dumbino, Maidstone

ive got 14 winders to do week after next but i dnt really have a method i lay on what i can with me normal 14 then just swap and change between trowels and plastic bags and s*p*r*lex trowels and what ever i can get my hands on, as long as they look mustard wen im finished im happy

Nice site and work m8...how do you skim those loft stairwells? do you brush it in or trowel it?

Always done them the same way, two coats of Bonding or S&C to form the desired shape and then skimmed and trowelled using a steel trowel.

im on a day rate for them its not worth doin a price with this firm they never have materials on site and rooms are always full of shite to be moved first.

what sort of money they paying on a site for a winder? or is it in the meterage?

I was getting £90 each for them off of one firm, and they where already wired, the wireing needed a few more screws here and there, but i was bonding out like 4-5 in a day and skimming all the next day. and was done by like 1-2 o clock everyday

None of the lads wanted to know them, i was loving them just doing them all the time, until they said they had ****** up prices and lowered them, still had a good 3 to 4 weeks though haha

I was getting £90 each for them off of one firm, and they where already wired, the wireing needed a few more screws here and there, but i was bonding out like 4-5 in a day and skimming all the next day. and was done by like 1-2 o clock everyday

None of the lads wanted to know them, i was loving them just doing them all the time, until they said they had ****** up prices and lowered them, still had a good 3 to 4 weeks though haha

Should have dragged your feet m8.

By the way andy, the site looks really good, and your rendering and plastering work is outstanding.....

I've never seen external rendering with detail like that round these sides, looks really good...

top class render work. well beaded. how do form those little rounds that look like quadrant? run them first? not much call for them in london but forever learning

By the way andy, the site looks really good, and your rendering and plastering work is outstanding.....

I've never seen external rendering with detail like that round these sides, looks really good...

top class render work. well beaded. how do form those little rounds that look like quadrant? run them first? not much call for them in london but forever learning

Thanks for the nice comments guys, the details (known as jiggly lines) are run into the soft render using a tool I make myself. Traditionally the tool was made from a piece of wood and known as a jiggly stick.

what's the finish on the rest of the Walls andy?

I could tell ya but then I'd..................................

On the externals there are some that are stipple and some that are patterned with a brush,
on the internals the walls are just rough and wonky and took me a long time because I haven't got a speedyskim thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.