new to using parex

Status
Not open for further replies.

master

hi there ihave rendered to a good standard for years but recently keep getting asked to do parex monorex . i have never done it but spoke to the parex rep over the phone who seems to make it sound easy as they do ! few questions
can you use cement mixer?
can you put on by hand hawk and trowel?
when you rule it do you use a feather edge , spat , or something else?
once you finish ruling am i right in thinking you leave it 3 mm proud of beads etc ?
once its ruled do you float with a normal plasic float or straight with scraper and how hard should it be as have seen a lot of people applying one day scraping next
sorry for all the questions just dont want to get it wrong
thanks

Hi master, speak to Essex Andy on here , he is knowledgable in most aspects of plastering. Don't tell him I said this though

can you use cement mixer?suppose you could but its far easier and quicker with a whisk
can you put on by hand hawk and trowel?yes
when you rule it do you use a feather edge , spat , or something else?i use a derby to get it flat and the feather edge when scratching off just to check its flat,try not to rub to hard so that you leave hollows
once you finish ruling am i right in thinking you leave it 3 mm proud of beads etc ?yes,so when you scrape off it ends up flush
once its ruled do you float with a normal plasic float or straight with scraper and how hard should it be as have seen a lot of people applying one day scraping next if its to soft it will clog your scratcher up and you won,t get the finish you want,in winter i put on in the afternoon and scratch it the next day,but in summer i get it on in the morning then scratch it in the afternoon,just be careful not to miss any bits as they show up like a sore thumb
sorry for all the questions just dont want to get it wrong
thanks

if you can do sand and cement render to a good standard you,ll have no problem with any of the scratch renders,i always scratch off by hand you get a better feel for it,but i think refina do a 110v machine that can do it.

Before scraping with the scratch pad, I section the complete elevation, especially on scaffold lift joins to get it really flat.

ha ha nice one
the parex fella came out today and said to put in on in the afternoon rule flat come back in the mornig and run h section over it before scraping
thanks for all your help much appreaciated

Biggest thing that'll ruin it for ya is halo marks. If your putting on by hand in 2 passes don't don't don't scrape through to the first coat. If you break through you get a little circle which you can't help but scratch some more to see if you can blend it out. All your doing is scratching the second pass off. Stuff of nightmares. Tight first pass, plump second, happy days

When using the monogris on existing block work do you just dampen in Pryor to put it on or seal it with anything

Status
Not open for further replies.