new to this

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

donmc1

hi all im new to this forum so bear with me.
I can skimm well and i am picking up speed now i am picking up a fare bit of work on the domestic side of things.
I am struggling with walls & ceilings above stairs are there any good access ladders that work for stairs and can the larger walls be skimmed in two parts cheers

hi all im new to this forum so bear with me.
I can skimm well and i am picking up speed now i am picking up a fare bit of work on the domestic side of things.
I am struggling with walls & ceilings above stairs are there any good access ladders that work for stairs and can the larger walls be skimmed in two parts cheers

Welcome along bud :RpS_thumbsup: use the search bar, it's been well covered on here

welcome mate,, big walls can be set in two halves,, whether you see the join or not depends on how good the spread is

Can't you just use a stop bead?

Ive never used a 3mm stop bead in a situation like this, but have heard it mentioned on here. Never seen it done. But as long as you can't see the join I guess it doesn't matter how you join it

welcome to the trade, just move the battons and ladders do one side at a time, and take ur time, or just skim top half and finish to a scrim line then remove the scrim before final trowel, and feather in.

hope this helps

Ive never used a 3mm stop bead in a situation like this, but have heard it mentioned on here. Never seen it done. But as long as you can't see the join I guess it doesn't matter how you join it

Well using a stop bead in the middle of a wall (as I'm taught anyway, never had a wall bigger than 13m2 yet and I managed it) you don't see it. That is the point, but I mean if you are as I am sure you are, good enough not to bother and blend it in then why buy a bead. I figured it was for the less experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.