Problem's with new bag's of finish plaster!

brighteyes9

I agree with my fellow plasterer,the new finish is terrible to trowel up. When i put on two coats of finish over a bonded ceiling i had to give it an extra 2 run's already on top of the 2 run's i had given it and it still wouldn't finish the best it kept tearing and blistering and noticed that some off the finish was set yet some of it wasn't . If i was to guess i bet Carlite the maker's of plaster are suiting the guy's who use those large speed skim trowels on pole's.I have been plastering since i left school in 1989 why fix something that isn't broke.I am now painting the room and i can tell you i am not happy with it.

I agree with my fellow plasterer,the new finish is terrible to trowel up. When i put on two coats of finish over a bonded ceiling i had to give it an extra 2 run's already on top of the 2 run's i had given it and it still wouldn't finish the best it kept tearing and blistering and noticed that some off the finish was set yet some of it wasn't . If i was to guess i bet Carlite the maker's of plaster are suiting the guy's who use those large speed skim trowels on pole's.I have been plastering since i left school in 1989 why fix something that isn't broke.I am now painting the room and i can tell you i am not happy with it.
I guess that you are based in Ireland? The Carlite in Ireland is not the same material that was used in UK. years ago.