New to Learning the Trade & looking to labour

Members online

Rod Smith

Hi T.P.F & Everyone,

Found this site through google and it looks great, loads of activity and genuine people within the trade. Hoping to get some help on the below

I am currently going through redundancy and i am using this as a fresh start for myself. I am planning to do a short course in plastering. This will not give me any qualifications but it will enhance my understanding and skills within this trade.
When I was younger I used to labour for my dad, he was a plasterer and taught me quite a bit about his trade. I do not have any site experience as all of the labouring I have done has been private work.
I am dependable, physically fit, and hard-working - I thrive in a fast-paced environment and not afraid to put a shift in . I have the passion for progression and being involved in this industry.
I was wondering if there was anyone in the area (can travel) looking to take on a labourer to train and teach their skills for me to learn the trade. I'm willing to do a few days free of charge so they can see if I'm worth their time.

Any advise or help putting me in the right direction would be really appreciated

Had any luck with your quest rodders?
Nothing yet but still pushing for it. I have emailed a few companies round my way of which two have taken my details and will let me know through the year if they need a hand (depending how busy they get) but will just keep looking and see how I get on after my course. Fingers crossed something comes up soon =)

Nothing yet but still pushing for it. I have emailed a few companies round my way of which two have taken my details and will let me know through the year if they need a hand (depending how busy they get) but will just keep looking and see how I get on after my course. Fingers crossed something comes up soon =)
If it’s your dream then continue to follow it mate. All the Best and good luck to you pal!