New me starts tomorrow

Members online

We decided that was a hamster
53AF8181-3321-4A9A-B7AD-135ADE639DCF.jpeg

She’s been groomed so is a proper dog now.

Im the opposite i struggle to put weight on,dont know why but I dont eat when I'm on the trowel I dont feel like it I'll take a flask of tea with me an thats it if a decent customer offers me a sarnie which is rare I will say yes,when I get back home ill just do me and kids dinner,even when even during the first lockdown I was eating quite abit and barley put a pound on

So Let’s go back to the treadmill won’t get any weight off you comment. If your on it twice a day burning 400 calories every time then you have burned 800 calories. Drenched in sweat every run but a ‘treadmill won’t get weight off you’ comment is b*ll***s.

So Let’s go back to the treadmill won’t get any weight off you comment. If your on it twice a day burning 400 calories every time then you have burned 800 calories. Drenched in sweat every run but a ‘treadmill won’t get weight off you’ comment is b*ll***s.

Uh huh. That's 40 minutes twice a day.(maybe)

How many people you know work out like that twice a day?

The Rock.

f**k off

The Rock.

f**k off
So how will doing any form of exercise that helps get heart rate up and in turn burn calories’not get any weight off’? And for the record twice a day since I got it although legs are getting sore so will give it a miss tomorrow to recover.

The Rock.

f**k off
According to my heart rate monitor (a strap across the chest for accuracy) 25min at constant speed is putting me at 400 calories but that could be a lot to do with my unfitness just now.

Telling someone that a form of exercise ‘won’t get any weight off’ is absolute b*ll***s and you know it stevieo, your creating a calorie deficit or is that a load of shi te as well?

So how will doing any form of exercise that helps get heart rate up and in turn burn calories’not get any weight off’? And for the record twice a day since I got it although legs are getting sore so will give it a miss tomorrow to recover.
It does help.

I never said it doesn't.

But unless you're planning to do that every day for the rest of your life then you're swimming upstream.

Same as if you go on a silly diet.

The Rock.

f**k off

It depends on how heavy you are as to how many calories you burn basically the greater your bmi the more calories you burn plus speed and distance. Your right it is hard to loose weight that way but not impossible.
I'm not working and do 2 dog walks a day cos the awkward barstewards won't behave when out together. I'm up and down some descent size hills and cover anywhere from 3 to 4 miles on each walk and, I'm not losing weight and been doing that best part of this year. I'm certainly fitter but all that said I'm into my late 50's aswell and it's definitely harder to loose weight.

Once your fitness is up to a level your happy with i would do high intensity on the treadmill, at least twice aweek your body will adapt to the same pace and same timings on your runs eventually,

It does help.

I never said it doesn't.

But unless you're planning to do that every day for the rest of your life then you're swimming upstream.

I’m using it as a platform to get my fitness back, hopefully I’ll get back to outdoor running when my fitness comes back. Tbf nearly everyone on here will have same problems as me when they hang the trowels up. Agreed if only used now and again it’s just like fad diet.

It depends on how heavy you are as to how many calories you burn basically the greater your bmi the more calories you burn plus speed and distance. Your right it is hard to loose weight that way but not impossible.
I'm not working and do 2 dog walks a day cos the awkward barstewards won't behave when out together. I'm up and down some descent size hills and cover anywhere from 3 to 4 miles on each walk and, I'm not losing weight and been doing that best part of this year. I'm certainly fitter but all that said I'm into my late 50's aswell and it's definitely harder to loose weight.
f**k**g is mate. I've got fat as f**k this year, work all over the place, no gym, everything shut and the government buying the beer.

I'm too tired to go into it tonight but diet and lifestyle is almost everything.

Gym just tops it off.

And hell yes, having a dog worked for me. It was a cornerstone of my plan because it had to be done. No skiving

It does help.

I never said it doesn't.

Exercise is great for your overall health but won’t help if you’re eating s**t. The best way is to cut out beer during the week and have takeaways as a treat. Controlling the portion size is the main thing .

Telling someone that a form of exercise ‘won’t get any weight off’ is absolute b*ll***s and you know it stevieo, your creating a calorie deficit or is that a load of shi te as well?
It depends on how many calories you’re consuming stu, if you burn 800 calories exercising but continue to eat and drink they way you did previously then it may not be enough. If you were in a 1000 calorie surplus a day and still eat that way but burn 800 then you’re still in a surplus and will put on a pound or two over the year but take f**k all off. Everyone thinks that starting exercising is all you need to do but until you added what you consume then you’re wasting your time. Try working out exactly how many calories you’re consuming a day first then you know where you are and what you need to burn to loose weight. Before then you’re taking stabs in the dark

It depends on how many calories you’re consuming stu, if you burn 800 calories exercising but continue to eat and drink they way you did previously then it may not be enough. If you were in a 1000 calorie surplus a day and still eat that way but burn 800 then you’re still in a surplus and will put on a pound or two over the year but take f**k all off. Everyone thinks that starting exercising is all you need to do but until you added what you consume then you’re wasting your time. Try working out exactly how many calories you’re consuming a day first then you know where you are and what you need to burn to loose weight. Before then you’re taking stabs in the dark
Also you need to know your bmr to know how many calories you burn at rest. If you want I’ll pm you all the info you need to get it bang on but I won’t bore everyone with it here

Exercise is great for your overall health but won’t help if you’re eating s**t. The best way is to cut out beer during the week and have takeaways as a treat. Controlling the portion size is the main thing .

It's not. If you look into it, you'll see that of you eat whole foods it's really, REALLY difficult to over eat.

You'd have to eat 3kg of potatoes a day to get fat on them.

Or a hundred apples.

According to my heart rate monitor (a strap across the chest for accuracy) 25min at constant speed is putting me at 400 calories but that could be a lot to do with my unfitness just now.
Yeah it will but not if your eating 3000 calories a day .

80 percent diet

Yeah but wont improve your fitness
Of course. But the best thing to do is shift a good chunk of weight with diet alone and maybe add some low impact cardio to start to increase capacity. As the weight comes down then there’s less chance of doing yourself an injury. If you’re jogging at 18stkne and do your knee in then you’re just gonna sit on your ass and get fatter

It's not. If you look into it, you'll see that of you eat whole foods it's really, REALLY difficult to over eat.

Or a hundred apples.
Ag

Or a hundred apples.
thats true enough but I’ve got a really sweet tooth. Portion size is very important regarding the homemade cheesecakes etc