yodel

New here and not a pro by a long stretch but trying to do a couple of small jobs for myself and this place seems to be the best for it, alot of knowledge here! I'm putting up a small curved wall in back garden and ready to render but so many options available... I'm putting a couple of pics up and sure I'll have made mistakes already so go gentle on me! I'd like to put a through colour on but opinion seems divided on whether it's worth it for wall like mine. I dont really consider it a retaining wall as such as it's only going to hold back 30cm soil at most, happy to be told otherwise though.
Thinking of sbr slurry prime, then 4:1 sand cement then 6:1:1 (do I really need lime for this?). How far wrong am I by now?!!
Cheers all...

Attachments

• 20200524_101151_resized.jpg
    20200524_101151_resized.jpg
    873.7 KB · Views: 284
  • 20200524_101209_resized.jpg
    20200524_101209_resized.jpg
    997.8 KB · Views: 303
New here and not a pro by a long stretch but trying to do a couple of small jobs for myself and this place seems to be the best for it, alot of knowledge here! I'm putting up a small curved wall in back garden and ready to render but so many options available... I'm putting a couple of pics up and sure I'll have made mistakes already so go gentle on me! I'd like to put a through colour on but opinion seems divided on whether it's worth it for wall like mine. I dont really consider it a retaining wall as such as it's only going to hold back 30cm soil at most, happy to be told otherwise though.
Thinking of sbr slurry prime, then 4:1 sand cement then 6:1:1 (do I really need lime for this?). How far wrong am I by now?!!
Cheers all...
What did you fix your beads with mate?

Cheers all...
Welcome mate

Yeah . f**k**g swamped . Got master plan . Try to stay away from big jobs after this and just done days a week

4 days a week for me after all this.
Long weekends are the way forward geez! (y)
Hope you’ve got factor 80 on today!

Hi mate only need hydrated lime if your going with sand and cement. only thing I would be worried about is the top the water needs to run off otherwise will freeze and crack in the winter maybe use something to create a overhang if you can’t get a coping