New Carpets

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KRISW1888

Does anybody ever walk away from jobs because of hastle. I was away pricin a hall the night and the walls are stripped ready for plasterin but they have had a new carpet fitted 2 days ago lol (brand new cream carpet). Its an upstair flat and theres no skirtin goin on either up the stairline. They want it skimmed and as far into the stairs as possible. Feel like passin it on but I could be doin wae it as I dnt have anythin on till wed.

Why the fook would you get a carpet fitted 2 days brfore plastering????:RpS_unsure:.....
:RpS_sneaky:

Suppose you could fit a stop bead few mill from the carpet and buy a **** load of the disposable dust sheets and masking tape and cover it all .... again I would decide on how much the job is worth, repeat work ?, the hassle of the above ...

Maybe explain they've done it backwards and best case the carpet comes up and is refitted ... hardly a massive job is it ... depends on the customer etc and what they want to pay ... always judge from chatting to them if there potential ball bags

Dnt have a F*****g clue fatarm lol. Thats what I was thinkin when I saw it. In 2 minds wether to take it on tbh

Defo jessop. Bit weird the more a think about it. They had a plasterer in last week skimmin their kitchen and he was suppost to do hall, and never came back.

They fitted the carpet before plastering........that makes them a ballbag

Hahah - yep - just like fitting a new kitchen and asking for it to be patched and skimmed .... then pulling a face when I bang in a high rate lol

Defo jessop. Bit weird the more a think about it. They had a plasterer in last week skimmin their kitchen and he was suppost to do hall, and never came back. 

Walk away m8 - alarm bells should ring if the other spread has fooked off .... it always does with me like one recently, tiling quote - I walked in to see the living room, kitchen and hall all freshly skimmed, as soon as I saw that I knew he'd fallen out with the builder etc which was confirmed as he asked me to tile a cracked screeded floor to which I politely said when its sorted call me but I wont be finishing off others work .... fook that

Adamd - mentioned about liftin it bk up and the lassie of the house nearly took a heart attack lol!

2 choices. cover the carpets in poly then cover the complete floor and staircase in hardboard gaffa tape all joints in hardboard.
or hire a carpet fitter to lift , store and relay the carpets. we use both these methods.

Adamd - mentioned about liftin it bk up and the lassie of the house nearly took a heart attack lol!

walk away m8 .... sound like bellends .... all that will happen is 2-3 hours into the job you'll be stood there think why the fook am I doing this ....

Bottom line is there gonna slag you off for turning a job down because they had new carpets fitted ... hardly crime of the century lol

There is a guy Iv done loads of work for had a posh kitchen fitted marble work tops fancy lights then the daft **** wants me to board and skim round it:banghead: I have not spoke to him since looking at it

Roll and stroll only option bud? At least nothing soaks thro if you spill anything?? Chuck dust sheets over the top and happy days:RpS_thumbup:

There is a guy Iv done loads of work for had a posh kitchen fitted marble work tops fancy lights then the daft **** wants me to board and skim round it:banghead: I have not spoke to him since looking at it

1 slip with a trowel and your paying to go to work after he blames the spread for any damage..... rarely touch the old 'ive had my kitchen fitted but now want it skimming' anymore .... too much hassle

Walk away m8 - alarm bells should ring if the other spread has fooked off .... it always does with me like one recently, tiling quote - I walked in to see the living room, kitchen and hall all freshly skimmed, as soon as I saw that I knew he'd fallen out with the builder etc which was confirmed as he asked me to tile a cracked screeded floor to which I politely said when its sorted call me but I wont be finishing off others work .... fook that

Aye the the alarm bells were defo ringin m8. I personally dnt know them, job was only 5 mins down the road but way im feelin about it the now I think im goin to pass on it. Brand new sparklin cream carpet cudnt beleive it lol

Aye the the alarm bells were defo ringin m8. I personally dnt know them, job was only 5 mins down the road but way im feelin about it the now I think im goin to pass on it. Brand new sparklin cream carpet cudnt beleive it lol

Id just say you want your stairs skimming to the floor and its impossible with a new carpet .... only way I'll do the job is if there lifted ... balls in there court ... if they cant or wont accept what your saying then id just pass m8 - I know its work and money etc but sometimes you just have to pass

Id just say you want your stairs skimming to the floor and its impossible with a new carpet .... only way I'll do the job is if there lifted ... balls in there court ... if they cant or wont accept what your saying then id just pass m8 - I know its work and money etc but sometimes you just have to pass

Aye the moneys temptin adamd but a suppose as you say in the end is it worth it... Think itl be a few days off

Tell them compared to the price of rollystrolly,tape, polythene, ...theyd be cheaper havin it lifted and re laid.
besides, how would you get a good finish down at the carpet? Even if it was taped up well??
Cant see it myself:RpS_unsure:

Aye the moneys temptin adamd but a suppose as you say in the end is it worth it... Think itl be a few days off 

Yeah all comes down to you m8 .... I used to take everything on and go out my way for people on jobs like that but not anymore because your not thought better of .... and you can guarantee they'll moan etc if there's even a splash or a spec of dust on there cream carpet ... again you'll stand there thinking I asked for the carpets o be lifted and now there moaning ... you'll feel like headbutting the wall when you get home :RpS_lol:

Yeah all comes down to you m8 .... I used to take everything on and go out my way for people on jobs like that but not anymore because your not thought better of .... and you can guarantee they'll moan etc if there's even a splash or a spec of dust on there cream carpet ... again you'll stand there thinking I asked for the carpets o be lifted and now there moaning ... you'll feel like headbutting the wall when you get home :RpS_lol:

Haha! Aye m8 your no wrong here. Some customers can be *****. Theres no pleasin some of them. I did a job few wks back and the folk were as nice as they get. Bought me a sausage roll and a yumyum fae greggs haha and helped me tidy up. No very often you get a customer like that

Damp will get to the edges when it's skimmed right down, can't protect it all.
I'd walk... Probably got a white leather sofa and polish the kitchen floor with pledge :huh:

Plus like @Fatarm mentioned .... getting to the floor ... hows the decorator gonna paint lol .... easy all round if there lifted .... sure any decent decorator would say the same :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
like said already,, if they wont take the carpets up and relay after you finish then walk away

Status
Not open for further replies.