New builds- do you charge per m2 or per day?

Members online

Gazza92

Been offered some work on a new build site, I usually do smaller jobs in people's homes/extensions etc and charge a day rate of 150-200.

Just wondering - those of you who often work on huge new build sites- do you charge per m2 or per day? From what I can see it's just skimming, the boarding is already done.

Cheers

On new builds/estates/site work most of the time it's not how you charge it's how they pay.

if you have to ask they will eat you alive ;)
You need a good squad for a start , proper labourer and 2 good spreads.
If your getting what you say on domestics and plenty of it then why would you go to site?

Been offered some work on a new build site, I usually do smaller jobs in people's homes/extensions etc and charge a day rate of 150-200.

Just wondering - those of you who often work on huge new build sites- do you charge per m2 or per day? From what I can see it's just skimming, the boarding is already done.

Cheers
You have to be real fast to make it on a site,I prefer private work and small builders.Be careful with your pricing and look at the big picture,if you get a good year or two on what you think is good money don't forget it's all through the books and also your putting all your eggs in one basket as regards getting your name out there.

All new builds are price work .and the prices in Manchester are utter shite whoever says there good is talking utter shite

All new builds are price work .and the prices in Manchester are utter shite whoever says there good is talking utter shite
With so many plasterers in the north west I can't see it getting better any time soon either.

No chance it's always going to be low prices because you will always get lunatics doing them . Me and me pal skimmed a 3 bed house in a day and a half. £670 less tax total graft for shite wages

No chance it's always going to be low prices because you will always get lunatics doing them . Me and me pal skimmed a 3 bed house in a day and a half. £670 less tax total graft for shite wages
That's shocking.

Cheers
You get told the rates mate

I always go on day rate as the builders I work for have me doing other stuff lol. Other day I carried plaster boards In while other 2 chucked gear on . I love it best paid labourer on site and less time trowel in my hand the better . Though draw line at that Insulation . I.d want 2000 a day to put that shite In. Me favs when I get sent for few bits of gear from builders merchants. Do you mind popping out for few bits . Err no see you in a hour boys get that big ceili g on while I.m gone.

That's shocking mate! Was offered last week 1k cash for the same size house

That is horrendous mate, that's same price as two bedrooms on domestic.

200 a day is a grand a week less tax is 800 I can't see many earning that on site these days over 3k a month I know where I would stay

200 a day is a grand a week less tax is 800 I can't see many earning that on site these days over 3k a month I know where I would stay
That what even bad spreads are getting in London, i was too busy and gave a Job away on daywork to another ,the Client will pay him direct£200 a day , shame i would of done it but too busy ,im doing one on price ,skim mostly ,£11'700 less tax including materiałs ,Big four bed ,theyre spending £2m on a refurb

I'd rather stick to domestics on 200 a day than slog my bollox out on site chasing more than a grand a week the game is hard enough as it let alone doing more than I need to, I ain't gonna be that plasterer with elbow support knee support looking f**k*d at 50

I'd rather stick to domestics on 200 a day than slog my bollox out on site chasing more than a grand a week the game is hard enough as it let alone doing more than I need to, I ain't gonna be that plasterer with elbow support knee support looking f**k*d at 50
You don't have to be 50 to have a f**k*d up body, 38 here and in a knee brace, just had MRI will see what the doc says.

Was on a big site in Swansea 3.50 m2. End of job gets a call of a Manchester firm doing a big site down the road. Tells me hes got ten flats ready to go 2.20 m2. Yes I am not surprised at that price give me a call when it's nearer 3.50 m2. His reply they jump out of bed in Manchester for 2.20. Got my 3.50 in the end

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

What!!!! Was it a Wendy house ?

i don't believe you pal.. was it a wendy house