New Build - Dry Lining - Chester Area - 800m2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't consider my rates to be cheap. At £3 a metre for tacking, if you can't fix 100m2 a day, which is only 35 boards, then you should think again about what you do for a living. There's boys on big sites, bending over and taking it for £1.40-£1.60 a metre. That's cheap!
Oh, and well done that man that told the prospective customer to piss off.

You started off well sigmaf,I thaught great someone off here(not me to far away) will get some work where for a customer who knows you can't have quality work for a bodgers money,however it turns out this is not the case,don't let the talk in price drop blind you from what you originally set out to do,that is find quality workmen!!not 'cheap' workmen!:RpS_thumbup:

I don't consider my rates to be cheap. At £3 a metre for tacking, if you can't fix 100m2 a day, which is only 35 boards, then you should think again about what you do for a living. There's boys on big sites, bending over and taking it for £1.40-£1.60 a metre. That's cheap!
Oh, and well done that man that told the prospective customer to piss off.
Yes but as yo know out of that £3m2 we have overheads to deduct whitch takes us down to site rates,not for me I'm afraid with all the hassle of working for yourself it wants to be worth my while,if I want site rates I'd simply go and work a site and have no bother.

Yes but as yo know out of that £3m2 we have overheads to deduct whitch takes us down to site rates,not for me I'm afraid with all the hassle of working for yourself it wants to be worth my while,if I want site rates I'd simply go and work a site and have no bother.

Obviously everyone's overheads are different. Mine are minimal as it's just me and my only outlay is for my van running cost, PLI, and tools occasionally,
It just seems that there are a lot of greedy plasterers out there. How some of you can look your customers in the eyes when handing over your invoices amazes me.

Funny how tradesmen have been schooled to think!!??.Solicitor will bill you 60 plus quid an hour without blinking and the argument being
"oh well they spent years studying at law"
hmmm like you been sitting on yer jacksy whistling dixie. im not in favour of having people over but if you supply a high standard of work with guaranties
and the Price is reflective you should be paid covering all and a profit .
If not then whats the point? get job in B & Q and be grateful for perhaps a clock after years of service so you can watch the last of yer days pi55 away.

I didn't start the thread with lies....

I've been told that the rate should be somewhere near £10 - £15/m2......the first builders price I had in was miles from there!

Besides, are you the man that charges based on the size of the house and perception of wealth? Good moral compass there lad. I'd guess you don't get much work/recommendations!

As you started the thread with lies ....I can only think your next comment is lies.....like a monday why dont you just PISS OFF.

Yeah, okay....I was getting a bit carried away there....but, you see my point.....£12k, £3k materials, 3 lads (one gimp/apprentice)......£9k should easily cover 5 weeks, fair, salary.

At 12 k 3 lads for two months is only 500 each a week before tax with no matts I think you maybe dreaming my friend

I have just finished a large plot just over 1000 sq meter in it house valued at £695000 I supplied all materials and labour my final price was just short of £24000 customer was over the moon at that so at £15 a meter I would say it's rather cheap all in

I have just finished a large plot just over 1000 sq meter in it house valued at £695000 I supplied all materials and labour my final price was just short of £24000 customer was over the moon at that so at £15 a meter I would say it's rather cheap all in
What exactly have you supplied Robbie

A wide range of board insulated sound block fire, insulation kingspan dry wall beads skim skrim screws supplied a little bit of Mf as we'll not loads I made money but not loads it took 4 of us just short of 7 week it could have been quicker but everything had to be bang on I payed a good day rate all through job it wasn't the easiest job either some really high areas to get to that took time my

Yeah, okay....I was getting a bit carried away there....but, you see my point.....£12k, £3k materials, 3 lads (one gimp/apprentice)......£9k should easily cover 5 weeks, fair, salary.
As anyone on here give you a price without seeing it,I sent you a message say I would like to see the job before I give you an accurate price but you never got back to me,it seems to me that some on here have sent you prices without seeing it which is what you came on here for and tony m I think you've lost the plot,there's only one winner here and its not us plasterers

Obviously everyone's overheads are different. Mine are minimal as it's just me and my only outlay is for my van running cost, PLI, and tools occasionally,
It just seems that there are a lot of greedy plasterers out there. How some of you can look your customers in the eyes when handing over your invoices amazes me.
No disrespect to you tony but I would say a greedy plasterer his some one that runs around mopping all work up at 3quid a meter weather the work is bang on or not am 35 yep am young but have been at it 18 year and I done my fair share an I feel ****** all ready backs shagged knees are gone it catches up with everybody and it's just not worth doing for **** rates

A wide range of board insulated sound block fire, insulation kingspan dry wall beads skim skrim screws supplied a little bit of Mf as we'll not loads I made money but not loads it took 4 of us just short of 7 week it could have been quicker but everything had to be bang on I payed a good day rate all through job it wasn't the easiest job either some really high areas to get to that took time my
Yes ,supply and fit, the materials add up quickly as does the wages, you need decent lads with 'hands and heads'

Sorry if saying 'piss off' has upset some people......but when I read all that bullshit ....well.....you can PISS OFF.

As anyone on here give you a price without seeing it,I sent you a message say I would like to see the job before I give you an accurate price but you never got back to me,it seems to me that some on here have sent you prices without seeing it which is what you came on here for and tony m I think you've lost the plot,there's only one winner here and its not us plasterers

How hard is it to price a job without seeing it? I price most of my stuff from drawings before it's even out of the ground, or supply metre rates for ceilings and walls, and extra over for high areas. A vaulted ceiling is a vaulted ceiling. I'm not going to waste my time traipsing around the county looking at jobs I can price easily from my front room.
@Robbieeast
Since when has £3 a metre for tacking been a **** rate? Is £2-300 a day for tacking a **** rate?

It's only a **** rate for the useless lazy f**k**s that think 10 boards a day is an acceptable amount to turnout

Last edited:
Tonym and sigmaf ....no hard feelings but in sure you've told folk to 'piss off before' !!!!!

re***ds that come on here asking stupid questions maybe, but no someone offering work at what I consider a more than acceptable rate.

How hard is it to price a job without seeing it? I price most of my stuff from drawings before it's even out of the ground, or supply metre rates for ceilings and walls, and extra over for high areas. A vaulted ceiling is a vaulted ceiling. I'm not going to waste my time traipsing around the county looking at jobs I can price easily from my front room.
@Robbieeast
Since when has £3 a metre for tacking been a **** rate? Is £2-300 a day for tacking a **** rate?

It's only a **** rate for the useless lazy f**k**s that think 10 boards a day is an acceptable amount to turnout
How can you run a business charging £3 a meter it's a good rate to pay yr staff far from lazy pal

3 bed house 400ish meter £1200 les tax it's wank load it all out price it up fuel cost of vans insurances lay out materials weather you do it in 3-4days or not it's still **** get real ya spaz

When he came on here and mentioned the price he'd been told by a builder I already had an idea what I'd charge per m2 and it would've have been £9m2 board and skim labour only ,i only live 20 minutes away ,that would have been a nice job for 3 of us ,all time served spreads ,wouldn't have subbed it out and we would've made a decent wage and left a good job

3 bed house 400ish meter £1200 les tax it's wank load it all out price it up fuel cost of vans insurances lay out materials weather you do it in 3-4days or not it's still **** get real ya spaz

What materials? I'm on about £3 a metre labour only. That's still over £200 a day after tax.

Well I know im guilty of asking stupid questions haha !!

"Contractors rates" and "subbies rates"

Are two completly differnt things.

working direct ....weather your hands on working yourself or not.
You cant charge subbies rates surley.

If clients needs plots plastering in certain time scale surly you need to hire lads.

Your doing yourself no favours on subbies rates.

If clients needs plots plastering in certain time scale surly you need to hire lads.

Your doing yourself no favours on subbies rates.

My clients ask me how long its going to take, and I tell them. If that's not quick enough for them, they can get someone else. There's plenty more work out there.

Yr boarding and skimming a house out for under 2 grand yr doing a massive part of the job contractor sells it for 150000 yr ripping yr self off can't believe you think it's acceptable weather yr making 200 a day or not contractor is making lots more

Hi Chaps,

We have some dry lining (& skim, or tape and joint?) - in the Chester area.

It's approx 800m2 (300 boards) - new build, timber frame (so, boards screwed directly to the studs etc).

Some vaulted ceiling areas.

Looking for recommendations for some good, experienced dry liners.

Not entirely sure on the rates, £10 - £15m2 apparently seems about the norm? It's quite a big job though so maybe price work is a better option?

My future neighbours house also needs similar work completing, approx 1 month later (we're looking towards the end of March).

Thanks all,

Scott

Please PM with any recommendations/interest.

Thanks,

last year we had 13 pound a board dot dab and skim per metre worked out well so id hit that but to be fair was all corridors in an old peoples home

Status
Not open for further replies.